Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,818   Online: 680

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Help ID'ing a Small Voightländer

I was gifted an compact Voigtländer sheet film camera. I haven't worked hands-on with large format before, so it took me a while just to figure out how to get the front open. Would appreciate any information about its qualities and manufacturing origin (Voigtländer has to be one of the most vague names in the business). It has so few identifying marks that I can hardly begin to google it. I believe from measuring the opening to the film holder that it's quarter plate (3.25x4.24"?).

Attached are three photos. One overall, one closeup of the lens and one of the little plate that has what seems to be manufacturing info on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030831.jpg   P1030830.jpg   P1030828.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a 9x12cm film size. The Skopar is a Tessar type lens with a good reputation. Your camera looks like an upscale model with geared rise and shift on the front but I'm not that familiar with Voigtlander to tell you the exact one. You can get film holders which are usually metal and for a single sheet. They were made for glass plates so to use film you need an added film insert to properly hold the film (9x12cm) in place. The holders are pretty non-standard so you need to be sure you get the right ones to fit your camera. The camera should have a ground glass back for viewing. After setting things up you slide the back off and replace with a holder. Roll film holders are also available for 120. These cameras are still very usable and limited 9x12 film is available at Freestyle. I use a similar Zeiss Maximar camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Off the cuff, I'd guess it's a Bergheil, ca. 1920-1930.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin