Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,119   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Multi Format

6x17 on a Cahnam JMC 810?

In a word: is it possible using a reduction back or whatever. Have anyone ever considered a combo like that?
    Ciao, Roberto

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm pretty sure that it would work with the 5x7 reducing back. I actually do not see any reason for it not to work with the 5x7 reducing back.

I'm assuming that you're talking about using the canham 617 roll film holder...yeah?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Brad, the canham 6x17 but not only. I am contemplating also the ShenHao 6x17 back for 5x7 cameras which is by the way much cheaper.

Do you refer to the 8x10 to 5x7 reducing frame for the Canham traditional 8x10 ? Mine is the metal one and yes the size of the frame should be the same but I have not the certainty. I believe I'll have to contact Canham by phone as the last resort ( I am not native speaker )...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do give Keith Canham a call if you have any questions. There should be a 5x7 reducing back for the JMC, which would take the Canham holder or the Shen Hao holder, but do double-check what kind of back the Shen-Hao needs. If it requires a Graflok back instead of an International back, it may not work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    one of the photos on this web page shows the 617 roll film holder on a 5x7 MQC - I had assumed that the 5x7 reducing back for the 8x10 JMC would work in a similar fashion. However, I've just taken a quick look at the Canham website. I do not see the 5x7 reducing back for the 8x10 JMC (metal camera).

I do know for a fact that on the wood cameras, the 8x10 actually uses an adapter plate of sorts to mount the 5x7 back from the smaller 4x5/5x7 camera. Thus, there is not a special 5x7 reducing back for the 8x10 camera - just this adapter and the 5x7 traditional back. Perhaps, the metal camera is the same way?

I guess a definitive answer can only come from Keith.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Left a message in his answering machine. Hope he returns the call to Italy...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin