Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,564   Online: 783

Shooter
    Multi Format

WOOD TRIPOD FOR DEARDORFF?

Hello

got a deardorff and need a tripod to match, preferably wood plus a pan and tilt head. Berlebach seems nice, any other choices? for tripod and head? i do not need much flexibility nor height.

thanks

Rui Lourosa
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is the Wolf tripod http://www.wooden-tripods.com/index.html
    also of Germany.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are also Zone Vl and Ries but would be expensive to ship. Both Berlebach and Wolf have good reputations.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    AHHH ALL CAPS!!!!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ruilourosa View Post
    Hello

got a deardorff and need a tripod to match, preferably wood plus a pan and tilt head. Berlebach seems nice, any other choices? for tripod and head? i do not need much flexibility nor height.

thanks

Rui Lourosa
    If you can afford a 'dorff you're probably well heeled enough to afford a Ries. There's just nothing like them. Mine transformed the way I photograph. It's one of the few products that's horrifyingly expensive but worth every nickel. Be sure to get a Ries head if you buy one.

I would stay away from Zone VI. I had one with a Manfrotto head and hated it. They're heavy, take up too much car trunk real estate and are extremely clumsy to carry. With my Ries J600 tripod (which comes with it's own canvas carrying case) and J250 head slung over my shoulder and my 8x10 and lenses in my backpack, I'm good for at least 3 miles. And I'm a geezer.
    Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin