Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,403   Online: 803

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree keep the lenses you have and if you are itching to buy something consider a Fujinon 300mm f8 tele. I'm very pleased with mine it's light weight and rather compact.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Everyone,

THANKS for all the replies!

Yes, I've been using the 4x5 constantly since purchase.

Yes, my four Fujinon lens are in perfect condition.

The reason for this post was my wonderings (gear lust) if my Fujinons' that cost hundreds of dollars each were 'less than' the current R or S that cost thousands of dollars each...

I do hope all of you are correct with your comments on the quality of the Fujinons I have been satisfied with them, however, you never know if a better product is available and sensibly, worth it...

Again, THANKS for your comments!
    Last edited by Michael Nelson; 08-31-2011 at 10:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nelson View Post

The reason for this post was my wonderings (gear lust) if my Fujinons' that cost hundreds of dollars each were 'less than' the current R or S that cost thousands of dollars each...

I do hope all of you are correct with your comments on the quality of the Fujinons I have been satisfied with them, however, you never know if a better product is available and sensibly, worth it...
    Fuji has long had a great reputation for their lenses. But if you want to satisfy your curiosity, to see if you're missing out on something which would be important to you, rent an R or S lens and see for yourself if they are better for you. I think that will put your mind at rest.
    I think you will be satisfied with what you have, especially with cost being a consideration.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wouldn't replace any of those lenses.

I would however try and pick up a 360mm for portraiture if you're into portraiture.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heck, my most used lens is my single coated Kodak 203 Ektar.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Buy used. Many all of the LF Rodenstocks and Schneiders that once were selling are selling for thousands, are now flooding the market and selling used in the low-to-mid hundreds of dollars, even mint examples. You could try most any but the small-sensor digitally optimized ones used for far less than you might originally have had in mind. Even if you were to pay a little too much, you could still probably flip the ones you don't like and the difference in buy/sell price would amount to chump change.

There's never been a bigger bonanza in fine film photo gear than the past couple of years.

That all said, other than the character of the coatings and the subtle ways they differ in rendering color and contrast, I don't expect that there would be much difference between your Fujis and the other brands in terms of imaging capability.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Old and funk is good

Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    I agree with the others... Fuji lenses are excellent. Get a sturdier tripod (if necessary) or buy film, paper and chems. Unless of course you are tempted by all those funky old lenses!
    Mmmmmm.....Petzval

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin