Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,761   Online: 841

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Trio of Konica Hexanon GR II lenses on Craigslist Vancouver

I thought it best to post this heads up in this forum.

I've no knowledge of the lenses themselves or the seller:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...567502198.html

Here is the text:

Konica Hexanon GR II lenses - $250 (Maple Ridge)

Date: 2011-08-30, 9:33PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-3g8am-2567502198@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    THREE Konica Hexanon GR II lenses
    300mm F9
    210mm F9
    150mm F9
    GREAT CONDITION
    Hate to sell but will Sacrifice for $250.00
    See pictures
    Respond with phone number

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the 210mm and the 150mm. These lenses are great, they're SUPER sharp and some claim the 150mm will fill 8x10. I've used them on my 4x5 with excellent results. But... these are process lenses and therefore next to impossible to put in a shutter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjam64 View Post
    ... But... these are process lenses and therefore next to impossible to put in a shutter.
    Don't overgeneralize. Hexanon GR IIs are process lenses that don't go easily or inexpensively into shutters. G-Clarons are process lenses but most, if not all, of them have cells that are direct fit in standard shutters. The same is true of some, not all, Apo Ronars and Apo Artars.

That GR IIs' cells aren't direct fits in shutters is due to a decision by Konica, not to their being process lenses. And Rodenstock decided to design Apo Gerogons' cells so they won't go into standard shutters.

I'll agree with you about GR IIs' sharpness -- I've had a 150, still have a 210 -- but they are somewhat flary, need to be used carefully and with a hood.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry about that. The G-Clarons slipped my mind.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin