Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,700   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice job!
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm utterly gobsmacked. This is fabulous and I so want to see some wide open shots if you have the opportunity to share. Kudos to you and thank you for the inspiration. Wow, wow, wow. And did I mentioned I was utterly gobsmacked?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

focus plane

Hello,

I just got an old polaroid 900 & 110a, and would be curious to know, how you did to get the focus plane/filmplane right, when doing the conversion, and after you glued a new back on to it, to put 4x5 filmholders in? (and in relation to this how did you manage to reset the rangefinder?)

If you could explain this a bit more detailed, this would be great.

Thanks a lot,

warmest regards,

Jeff

P.S.: I had a look at your website, and like your images quite a lot...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great stuff, I love the idea of a 4x5 rangefinder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dukyluke View Post
    I just got an old polaroid 900 & 110a, and would be curious to know, how you did to get the focus plane/filmplane right, when doing the conversion, and after you glued a new back on to it, to put 4x5 filmholders in? (and in relation to this how did you manage to reset the rangefinder?).

When you put the 4x5 back on it, the film plane moves back from where it once was. The mechanism holding the lens needs to be moved back by the same distance. This involves drilling out the rivets and securing it in it's new position. I did this by drilling and tapping the bed plate out to M2.5.

The rangefinder does not need to be altered.

EDIT: Sorry, all of this only applies to using the camera's existing lens which the OP did not do but you could if you wanted a simpler conversion.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin