Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,534   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Medium Format

Viewfinder for TOYO 4x5 CF.

Hello, I recently acquired a 4x5 TOYO CF which I love because it is so light. Now, the camera has an accessory shoe at the top. I checked all the TOYO sites and there is no information as to the use of this accessory shoe. I was hoping that there might be a accessory viewer available (the camera is light enough to hold in one hand and hoping to use it without using a tripod and the ground glass) , like on my Graphics but nothing. Any suggestions?

Reghards, Bogdan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bogdan,

just an FYI, its not really gonna be feasible to try and focus the camera. There isn't any rangefinder that is calibrated to a lens, similar to the old "press" cameras such as the Graflex, etc...

Now, if you intend on shooting it like a p+s, fixed focus at say, infinity, then you'll just focus the lens on the g/g, lock the focus, and if you can find a suitable v/f(I don't know of one off hand) that matches your chosen lens' field of view, then you can go to town .

But if you try to focus the camera handheld, I believe you'll end up with a bunch of out of focus, blurry sheets/rolls of film.

-Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin