Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,488   Online: 902

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Rugged Pull Cart/Dolly to haul around 11x14 Camera equip?

Anyone have any good ideas of something I can haul around an 11x14 camera on?

Need something lightweight yet rugged to maybe pull off pavement. Sand/Rock/Dirt Trails.

Right now it is in a Tenba RS-G5W ATA Air Case with wheels, but the wheels are pretty dinky, not really suitable for long treks.

I was looking to put that onto something then haul it around.

The best I can find is a MultiCart 8-in-1 Equipment Transporters - R12NF All-Terrain I found on B and H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=664498&is=REG

Any other ideas?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jogging strollers -- find a store that carries used baby stuff or Craig's list.

I use to have one of these:

http://bergdesign.net/triple.htm

But I gave it away to when my triplets got too big (to another family with triplets) -- I should have kept it. I could have hauled my 11x14 and 8x10 with me! I took the stroller up creeks, on hiking trails (rugged ones), on the beach, etc. At the end I probably had a hundred pounds or so of kids on the stroller.

There also game carts, for example:

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brows...rid=8195336457
    Last edited by Vaughn; 09-21-2011 at 04:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've been using this. I've had the case with my 8x10 Eastman, with a graflex vulcanoid case above it, and a 3051 tripod on top with everything lashed down with bungee cords. Does okay over grass/curbs/etc. I haven't tried to hike with it.

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    These are great! I never thought of these.

Thanks, I think the game cart might be the way to go. I'll have to look into this more.

Thanks a lot.

Ted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google "deer cart" to see some options that will allow you to transport a hard or soft case in somewhat rough terrain.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have the all-terrain R12 cart with pneumatic wheels front and back and it's *not* what you want for going down trails--or long distances. It's great for moving heavy loads over uneven surfaces, but it's large and not agile enough for trail use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is what I use: http://www.nordiccab.com/menu/home

Bottom is a plastic tub and rated for a load of 110 pounds - really easy to push, but you can also use handles to pull it - or, if you have one, you can use a dog harness so your dog can pull it for you. Wheels can be switched to skis in the winter. Really well designed and worth the cost - I went through a few cheaper "things" before I found this.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up. Looks like there are other options closer to what I'm looking for.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rmann View Post
    This is what I use: http://www.nordiccab.com/menu/home

Bottom is a plastic tub and rated for a load of 110 pounds - really easy to push, but you can also use handles to pull it - or, if you have one, you can use a dog harness so your dog can pull it for you. Wheels can be switched to skis in the winter. Really well designed and worth the cost - I went through a few cheaper "things" before I found this.
    This is pretty good. I really like the ski option. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin