Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,978   Online: 807

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji 65mm vs Horseman 65mm for 6X9?

Assuming both lenses in similar condition:

Fujinon 65mm f-8-45, SW in a Seiko shutter (single coated glass, I believe), VS the Horseman Topcor 65mm,f-5.6-32 in a Seikosha shutter (also single coated glass, I believe). Boards are recessed, and the shutter will be serviced.

Comparing build and "name", it would seem to me it's a no-brainer in favor of the Fuji...this would be for a Horseman VH-R 6X9, with no intention of moving to 4X5...subjects will vary, but my style is sharp with high contrast (I typically use a medium yellow filter).

What say, please...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji is an excellent lens, no question. Not familiar with the Topcor. I know what I would do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eric...OK, that looks like a Fuji vote to me, and probably nine out of ten might agree, but there's sometimes someone who comes out of left field with an observation that we all miss, so I will wait and see...and PS, Topcor is the Horseman brand--well respected on its own...thanks, Vincent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was in that situation about 8 years ago when the Fuji just became unavailable. I went with the Horseman because it was about half the price. In retrospect I'm glad of my choice. The Horseman allows movements and interchangable lenses and the option of ground-glass viewing. The drawback is that with the 65mm lens the front standard has to have perfect side-to-side alignment at the zero-detent. The Topcor lens is really fantastic. In terms of build and name I think it is a no-brainer for the Topcor, not only is it faster than the Fuji but it also covers 4x5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin