Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,855   Posts: 1,582,945   Online: 974

Shooter
    Large Format

Where's Dick Phillips?

Does anybody know how to get a hold of Dick Phillips in Texas?
    I know he's been out of Midland for a while. His old email is dead.
    My Explorer needs new bellows, and I hear he is still doing repairs.

Thanks!

Nate

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Dick dropped out of the camera business some time ago. He can't be very young, and probably wants to
    be doing soemthing else. Great guy. But I'd simply look into one of the custom bellows makers.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Dick's contact information

According to his wife, Dick just left this week for a photo trip of uncertain duration that can last no longer than November 19 due to another commitment on that date. Although it won't be possible until he returns, she says he's happy to be contacted either by email (rhjb2phil at yahoo dot com) or on their home phone (512-943-9192) to discuss the camera parts he did bring with him to Texas. Dick has been supplying parts he has available to those who need them.

In the past I've discussed bellows replacement with Dick. He indicated that doing so on his cameras requires particular attention to alignment when gluing the new ones in place. Although one could simply purchase a new set from Custom Bellows (formerly Camera Bellows) in England, where the originals were made, I'd suggest waiting to go over this with Dick first. His stock of parts might already include the bellows and, at a minimum, he will probably provide valuable insight on how best to proceed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Sal, Drew-

I'll send him an email.

Nate

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin