Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my 8x10 B&J, I mostly carry it by the strap on top.

For outdoor winter use (which is the season I most like for photography), I have a jet sled that will carry everything I need in any format. Here's it's outfitted for 4x5.

Mostly the B&J doesn't go far from the car; other cameras are more backpackable. If I want to backpack a camera, I'd take the 4x5 or invest in a more compact 8x10.

8x10 holders go in a plastic anti-static ziplock to prevent dust. I have laptop sleeves to hold two holders, which is enough for an hour of shooting. If I'm on a big adventure, I can put three of these sleeves and a box of film in a 1500 pelican case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ford F150 with the extended cab works well for me and my Kodak 2D, film holders, tripod and lenses. There's even room for lunch if I pack it right.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, some really insightful ideas, course, some not so much too...
    DanQuan.com
    stand in the place where you are

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zone VI shoulder cases, six holders per. Work fine, last long time.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    a big plastic lucite big holds my szabad 8x10, holders, cloth, rubber hooded loupe, unused meter ...
    everything but the tripod

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I do it via 2 methods, depending on the situation.
    For simply hauling them around I have this case, sort of like an Anvil or Cabbage, that holds the 8x10, lenses, and holders.
    It's great for doing a location shot.
    But out in the field, if I only need a modest number with me, an inexpensive laptop computer bag works great. They're just a couple $$ @ thrift shop or garage sale and easily replaceable or upgradeable. A lightweight cordura-type holds 3-4 nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carrying equip: Lowepro #? , roughly 50 x35x 25 cm (20"x12"x10"), shoulder bag (Nat.Geography)

Camera equip: Sinar P1 8x10 with front multipurpose standard long legs, Schneider Symmar-S 5,6/240, Nikkor-M 9/300, Apo-Nikkor 9/360, Apo-Nikkor 9/480, Apo-Nikkor 11/760, Sinar bihind the lens shutter, 1 extra 4X5 bellows, extra multipurpose standard, four rails (30 cm ,12"), Lee filter holder with bellows, Lee filters, loupe, dark cloth, Seconic L-608, 10 8x10 film holders, Sinar panorama head with rail holder, simple monopod with extra rail holder (for extra stability with long bellows), Kern tripod, or Schiansky mod 131.

So, how to deal with this? Well no optimal solution, but 2 alternative that I have used:
    Alt 1: Rear holder, front standard and 1-2 rails on tripod with head and rail holder; in the lowepro: filmback with frame and standard 8x10 bellows, Symmar 240, Apo-Nikkor 360 and 480, Sinar shutter, extra 1-2 rails, and the rest of small things together with 2 film holders; occasionally, shoulder bag with more film holders, coffee and sandwich.
    Allt 2: Rear holder, front standard and 1-2 rails on the tripod with head and rail holder; in the back pack: film back with frame and standard 8x10 bellows, Nikkor-M 300, Apo-Nikkor 760, Sinar shutter, and the rest of small things together with 2 film holders and occasionally the monopad with rail holder; in shoulder bag: extra bellows and extra multipurpose front standard, more film holders, (hopefully coffee and sandwich).

Not tried alternative: get yourself a bigger and better backpack! Like this alternative, but haven't made up my mind how big.
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tamrac Cyber 6 will hold a Deardorff V-8, two film holders, an extra lens, shirt for darkcloth, and a meter. The Bogen 3036 tripod of course goes over the shoulder.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin