Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,506   Online: 906

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Help a Newbie with Large Format Outing

I recently found an old Ansco wooden large format camera and want to go try it out today. It has 3 backs with it and one of them is a B & J 120 roll film back. I have some 120 and 220 film, so I guess I will start with it.
    I have 3 lenses. Ilex Paragon10" (254mm) f4.5; an Ilex 6.5" f4.5; and an Ilex 8.5" f4.5 Series S lens. Which one do I use for landscape type shooting? And which one would be best for portrait type shooting?

BTW, the Ansco has an Ilex bulb tube type shutter that appears to work on B and I.

Any advice?

thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All of those lenses will be considered "long" for any 120 format image. Since it sounds like you need long exposures (I'm not sure what exposure I would be...1/30?), the shorter lens requiring less bellows extension may be easier to use. I'd just use the 6.5 for both to start out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin