Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,411   Online: 957

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bellows replacement for Korona 7x17

Hi everyone,

I came across this person who would sell Korona 7x17 to me. The only thing is that I have to replace the bellows. So, here are my questions:

1) Where can I get replacement bellows?

2) Is this something I personally can do? I am not a carpenter or furniture maker...

Any advice and suggestions are appreciated.

Warmly,
    tsuyoshi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Altough quite costly, i got my 4x5 bellows replaced by CameraBellows UK. They manufacture bellwos for most brands out there.. and will replace any kind of bellows.
    Great craftsmanship and fast turn around.It cost me 70 British punds to replace my 4x5, so i assume 7x17 would be heck of a lot more, so make sure you are buying the camera at a ery good price coause your new bellows is going to cost alot..

good luck

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've had Western Bellows build a couple of replacement bellows for 8X10 Deardorffs. I also owned a 12X20 Korona that Western Bellows had built the bellows for. On my Korona, the bellows complete with frames at each end were removable by removing the retaining screws. The old bellows and frames were sent to Western Bellows and they then built new bellows and attached them to the frames. From there it is a rather simple matter of refastening the frames into the lens standard and the rear standard of the camera. The cost of my 8X10 bellows was around $300.00 as I recall.

If the rest of the camera is solid (as much as a Korona can be), I would probably look to buy the camera for $500-$700.

Images
    I ordered a replacement through Western a couple weeks ago, should be here this week. $285 out the door including tax and shipping for my 8x10.

here is their contact info.

http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=...cb=ejw0b6wrWrC
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    Altough quite costly, i got my 4x5 bellows replaced by CameraBellows UK. They manufacture bellwos for most brands out there.. and will replace any kind of bellows.
    Great craftsmanship and fast turn around.It cost me 70 British punds to replace my 4x5, so i assume 7x17 would be heck of a lot more, so make sure you are buying the camera at a ery good price coause your new bellows is going to cost alot..

good luck
    I'd recommend Camera Bellows in Birmingham UK, they made a wide angle set for me 25 years ago for a DeVere 5"x4" they had made the original set in the early 50's.

They were the major supplier of bellows to Kodak and production is many million units :-)

They are the world leaders in bellow production.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have used both Western Bellows and Camera Bellows (several times each) and am very satisfied with their products. Both are first rate in service and turnaround. Neither is inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. Good luck.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought replacement bellows from both Camera Bellows in the UK and Western Bellows. While the bellows from Western were nice, the ones from Camera Bellows were nicer.

-Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Western made the bellows for my 7x17 and I am very happy with it. I believe the cost was around $400. Be sure to ask for the nylon cloth material; that's what I have and I really like it.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin