Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,046   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LF Workshops?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art -

Let me reinforce Michael Murtmansky's comments about Peters Valley Craft Center.

They typically have a couple of LF workshops each year. Gary Bossardet teaches an introductory course in the early summer (if the enrollment is enough). I've never taken his class, but Gary is very good photographer and a lot of fun to hang around with.

Then, there is usually an advanced course in late summer. Last year, Chip Forelli was the instructor, while Tillman Crane did the honors during the previous three years. The draw of a big-name LF instructure ususally means that this course is fully subscribed.

The photographic facilities at Peters Valley are quite good considering the shoestring budget that the place operates on. Its kinda remote (now, that's an understatement!), so the living facilities are spartan (Tillman actually used the term "funky".) And the price is reasonable.

Shooter
    Large Format
    www.finefocusworkshops.com

Richard Ritter and I teach workshops, and love the idea of someone new. I suspect we can get you up, running, and close to expert in very little time. The February Snow and Ice W/S should be good.

He or I also do "coaching" at a daily rate, as mentioned at the site. A day's worth will take you a long way, or gimme a couch and we'll do two (but, in fact, one day's plenty). It can be done at your place, customized to your specific needs and desires, and it's totally one-on-one with you.

We're in southern VT and near Keene, NH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for the advice, the links and the offers. I will wade through the information and make some decisions.

What an example of how APUG is so valuable as a network and how the folks here are so passionate about the craft.

Thank you all again.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin