Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,014   Online: 692

Images

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Emergency Question

I have two lenses for my 5x7 both in copal one shutters. This weekend one stopped and yesterday the other started to really slow down. I am going to the Zion WS. Those of you who have had shutters cleaned how long does it usually take for these to come back? Anyone ever use Tempe camera? This thing has to make it into the mail in the morning.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I have two lenses for my 5x7 both in copal one shutters. This weekend one stopped and yesterday the other started to really slow down. I am going to the Zion WS. Those of you who have had shutters cleaned how long does it usually take for these to come back? Anyone ever use Tempe camera? This thing has to make it into the mail in the morning.
    I've used Tempe camera in the past, but that was a few years ago. I thought they were very professional, dedicated to the professional market. They used to have a large selection of rental equipment, including LF. You may be able to rent a lens from them.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Call SK Grimes and explain your siuation, they have been known to do very fast work in these situations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have used Tempe Camera a couple of times for cleaning my 35mm cameras and for repairs. I have had no complaints.

Rusty

Shooter
    Large Format
    Richard Ritter: 802-365-7807. Explain the need for rush, and figger Fed Ex overnight.

Images
    I used Tempe camera years ago. I was in the area and a 35mm broke. They fixed it in a day.

Images
    I shipped it express to tempe camera. My fingers are crossed, all of them.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I shipped it express to tempe camera. My fingers are crossed, all of them.
    Please let us know what happened when you get a chance. I've used them in the past.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    SK Grimes now charges about 125 for a rush job or something like that. I asked them and they told me to fix a lens would be 10-14 days (normal repair time). I didn't buy the lens due to time and repair cost to do it. I bought new. They do a great job if time and money are not a problem.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin