Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,966   Online: 780

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been getting my Graphic lens boards through Midwest Photo Exchange in the US, they have them in both copal 0 and 1. I use a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f/6.8 and am looking at getting a Nikkor-SW 65 mm f/4.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    +1 for the heavystar boards from ebay.
    The hint was so subtle it took me half an hour to decrypt, however I got it and thanks, it seems a good product at a reasonable price. Do they have the machinery to produce new units, or do they have an old stock of boards?
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume that they are newly manufactured as opposed to new old stock. They don't have any of the numbers stamped on them that my one original board has on the back.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    I assume that they are newly manufactured as opposed to new old stock. They don't have any of the numbers stamped on them that my one original board has on the back.
    I must have 4 or 5 of these boards and they are as good as any other Graphic boards I own, a very good match to riginals. But I have cast Pacemaker Graphoc boards and allsorts

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A 4"x5" Graflex Pacemaker Speed will take a 90mm lens which is the widest wide angle lens that can be used on it.

A 4"x5" Graflex Pacemaker Crown will take a 65mm lens which is the widest wide angle lens that can be used on it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    A 4"x5" Graflex Pacemaker Speed will take a 90mm lens which is the widest wide angle lens that can be used on it.

A 4"x5" Graflex Pacemaker Crown will take a 65mm lens which is the widest wide angle lens that can be used on it.
    You really should be more careful about laying down the law.

The 4x5 Crown's minimum extension is 52.4 mm. The 4x5 Pacemaker Speed's is 66.7 mm.

The shortest Super Angulon XL that will make infinity on a 4x5 Crown is the 47, on the Speed is the 58. Go look up some other lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, I stand corrected.

I only have a Speed Graphic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Steve and Dan;

Thank you for the discourse on WA lenses for the Graflex Crown Graphic and Speed Graphic. Now I know the limits for a WA lens for my Speed Graphic.

Finding a Wide Angle lens is going to be easy. I would like to find one of the Kodak Aero-Ektar 2.5/178mm lenses for use on mine also. A total of three "C" lens boards should be enough.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post

The 4x5 Crown's minimum extension is 52.4 mm. The 4x5 Pacemaker Speed's is 66.7 mm.

The shortest Super Angulon XL that will make infinity on a 4x5 Crown is the 47, on the Speed is the 58. Go look up some other lenses.
    Dan, a problem here is that websites like Graflex.org state. On one page they state a lens less than 80,, can't be used on a Speed Graphic, elsewhere that's contradicted.

Are they using the FP shutter, and then shutters vary slightly anyway on pre, Anniversary and Pacemaker Graphics.

There's another issue missed, what lenses can be used with the Wire finder, I use the wire frame finder all the time as I use my Graphics when I'm having to shoot hand-held.

Unfortunately my Crown Graphic lives in Turkey and my emascaluated Pacemaker Speed (it's shuutters been cut away ) and pre-Anniversy Graphocs are here in the UK.

There#s possibly a third issue with the shutter box getting in the way when ries or fall is used.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post

Dan, a problem here is that websites like Graflex.org state. On one page they state a lens less than 80,, can't be used on a Speed Graphic, elsewhere that's contradicted.

Are they using the FP shutter, and then shutters vary slightly anyway on pre, Anniversary and Pacemaker Graphics.
    Thank you for the vindication.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin