Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,474   Online: 866

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cambo legend 4x5 ground glass

Hello everyone,

some time ago I got in my hands a cambo legend 4x5 but unfortunately the ground glass retainer slipped from my hands directly to the concrete floor and obviously broke into thousand of pieces.

As the original piece is a little bit too expensive (since I have to order it from the states and calculating also the VAT in my country plus shipping, would be something like around 150eur), I've been thinking why not make one by myself with a little help from a window maker here in my town.

So if could someone measure it, I'd be very happy. I'm interested especially in the thickness of the glass, as if it is not the right thickness I would have problems focusing.

width x height x depth (thickness) is? If can you give me the measures in milimeters it would be AWSOME!

After that I can get the glass matt with some acid.

THANK YOU!

Shooter
    Large Format
    You may measure the inside of the retainer yourself. In any case some sanding may be required for any cut of glass.and there are many different retainers. My Cambo glass is 12.5x10 cm.
    As to thickness common single thickness glass is usual. but since the GG is on the inside focus problems do not occur
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    And search here for do it yourself instructions on grinding glass.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    The thickness does not matter as long as the ground glass surface is in the same plane as before. Measure your back for H x W and take a mm or 2 off.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Cambo is a Dutch brand. You could contact to factory for a new ground glass. You might also have a look at the yankee ground glass for Cambo that is offered from China on Ebay. I hear good reports of that item.

www.frankbunnik.zenfolio.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin