Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,926   Posts: 1,556,805   Online: 953

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Ungluing camera bellows from wooden frame

I hope this is not a repetition, but will some one recommend a suitable solvent for softening the glue holding the bellows to the wooden frame in a 10x8" Tackyhara

The Tacky (it really is) bellows material is very poor quality and I have a set of Sinar fitting bellows of far better quality that I wish to mount on the camera - Sinar fitting as the rear of the bellows is precisely the same as the Tacky ones and the front will fit a front frame to sit in the Sinar Shutter modification I am doing on the Tacky - This way I have a reliable shutter that will work with barrel mounted lenses - But first the glue has to be softened

I will post the Tacky's modifications when complete - A rebate is being cut in the rear of the front standard wooden frame to allow the Sinar Shutter to be inserted or removed in exactly the same way is on my Sinar Normas

John

You might try gently softening the glue with an electric hair dryer. It might be a heat-set glue or something else that responds to heat.

Peter Gomena

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Peter, I will try that tomorrow morning

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin