Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,496   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pic of my Pack

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What the heck?! Had to match the floors as well? Sheeeesh
    Ha ha! Mine's "Tasmanian Oak" - a fancy name for a local Eucalyptus hardwood...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh BTW my pack is a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW. There are seams that cover the zippers to help keep out water.
    Underneath there is a pocket which holds a large rain cover that can be used in extreme conditions.
    I did not realize it at first, but there are straps on the back for a tripod to be attached.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wrap your camera in your dark cloth, that way you won't forget the cloth....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry H-L View Post
    Wrap your camera in your dark cloth, that way you won't forget the cloth....
    Not as bad as driving 500 miles to Yosemite only to discover one left all the 8x10 film holders at home...

I carried my 4x5 (PocketView) in an over-sized day pack (but not the loose-bag-with-straps style). Fit everything perfectly, very compact, but as a top loader it was a PITA compared to the zippered front panels. In Costa Rica (traveling around by bus) the 4x5 camera pack and pod fit into my backpack. It looked like I was carrying a little too much stuff, but nothing that hinted at camera equipment. On the bicycle in NZ, the 4x5 camera pack lashed to the top of my tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad (which were all strapped down to the top of the back rack.
    Last edited by Vaughn; 01-05-2012 at 01:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Not as bad as driving 500 miles to Yosemite only to discover one left all the 8x10 film holders at home...
    ouch@!
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here's my bag. F-Stop Tilopa with the old style large ICU (stands for internal camera unit - they have multiple sizes/styles you can swap).

In current ICU -

Toyo 45cf
    90, 180, 250 lenses (180 mounted in the camera)
    Spot meter in case
    Filter case
    Loupe + shutter release
    Notepad
    6 holders (10 when I put the meter on top of the ICU)
    Dark cloth on top of the ICU

The best part about the bag is there's still plenty of room in the main compartment for my jacket, lunch, a DSLR and some other stuff, plus a laptop sleeve right behind the ICU. Then you still have the top compartment and the back compartment to store more gear.

They have a new series of ICUs out that are deeper with a lot more divider options (if you shoot 8x10, check out the Monster). I'm planning on picking up one of the new pro XLs and adding a fourth lens.

Attachment 45223

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin