Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,897   Online: 945

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I last posted on this subject back in January.
    Since then film sales have continued to spiral.
    Can you post some evidence of a significant decline since January?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Can you post some evidence of a significant decline since January?
    He's in the business and sells film. Suspect he knows what he's talking about.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just going by the sales of film through my two websites. It's dropped right off.
    Paper has too for that matter.

Might be just me.... of course I'm the only one I'm speaking for.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, didn't notice that in the signature. But one site isn't a trend. I'd just be shocked if there was a huge change in such a short time.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Ok, didn't notice that in the signature. But one site isn't a trend. I'd just be shocked if there was a huge change in such a short time.
    You're right but it's suggestive since Rob's is a specialty shop catering to film shooters. There's not been much change. I have friends who work at Henry's stores around the Toronto area and at Vistek. They sell very little pro film, chemistry or paper. Suspect people here--like me--buy from B&H and others when the exchange rate is right. Local sales appear to be coasting down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I last posted on this subject back in January.
    Since then film sales have continued to spiral.
    I try to keep a pulse on this for many reasons, so I talk to Henry P at B&H and Marv K at Freestyle pretty much monthly. All in all, they are seeing steady sales of film, a spike here and there given any Kodak news & product discontinuation rumors, so are you sure it is not because you are too niche for most people to buy from?

For example, I would love to support you, but I often order 100+ rolls at a time and other supporting things on the same order like glassines, chemistry, meter batteries, etc. Buying from one or two vendors makes my book keeping paper trail less messy, better inventory control and most items are always in stock...

Sorry, but I run a business too so it makes more sense for me to go with the big guys..especially when you are out of the U.S. and up to 40% higher than B&H or Freestyle.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 07-13-2012 at 05:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin