Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,675   Posts: 1,481,938   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minox 35GT with ISO 400 film, http://www.myoldmap.com/cameras/minox35gt.html It's quiet, unobtrusive, superb 35mm f2.8 lens, aperture priority auto exposure, scale focusing, and if your subject notices what you're doing takes offence, and sticks it "where the Sun don't shine", it's so small it's potentially much less painful than a Leica
    Last edited by benjiboy; 01-16-2012 at 05:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Minox 35GT with ISO 400 film, http://www.myoldmap.com/cameras/minox35gt.html It's quiet, unobtrusive, superb 35mm f2.8 lens, aperture priority auto exposure, scale focusing, and if your subject notices what you're doing takes offence, and sticks it "where the Sun don't shine", it's so small it's potentially much less painful than a Leica
    A Minox B would be even less uncomfortable.....

But I digress. I like a Nikkormat FtN and 35/2, color print or fast B&W if the lighting is iffy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa Paramat 1/2 frame 35mm camera.
    Or a Minox 35GT.
    Tri-X or TMY film.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    I like my Yashica 635 TLR for street photos, but I've had good results shooting from the hip with my F3 and a 28mm set for hyperfocal distance. My newest camera is a Yashica Lynx 5000e; I'm finding that passersby respond to either of the Yashicas in a positive way compared to the Nikon.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I do shoot weirdos and pretty girls in shooping districts...

Anyway, I agree with you (the OP) about packing light, though I'm never looking to engage with anyone. The Olympus compacts are nice. The XA2 and the wider XA4 if you can find/afford one. Especially wonderful with high speed film.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For weight and flexibility, I often use a Nikon FG+50/1.8E+100/2.8E. Coat pocket-able, good viewfinder. LED meter readout for low-ish light. Often switch over to an FE body. For MF, I use a Mamiya 645 Super+80/2.8+winder grip.Nice rig but noisy. Sometimes shoot a Bronica SQ-B but prefer it on a light tripod for max sharpness. Fast handling and very quiet.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Try a Point and Shoot 35mm

I am a fan of medium format (Rolleicord) for slow action, but for fast action or night street photography I have found that my Rollei Prego point and shoot 35mm allows for very quick shooting with accurate auto focusing. It is especially useful at night where the auto flash in effortless. Also, the lens is surprisingly sharp and variable. I feel it rivals my old Nikon SLR's in sharpness in 8 x 10's.

Here is an example of some recent work put in a book. Many of the photos were taken with the Rollei Prego: http://www.blurb.com/books/2781221

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of the time I take with me my m2 , a 35mm nokton and a 21mm skopar (plus a small, basic lightmeter). When shooting with a SLR, I use most of the time a pentax me/ me super/super-a and a 28 or 35mm lens. I like to carry my gear in the pocket of my coat, whenever I can.
    Occasionally shoot 6x6 on the street. The most convenient MF lens is the 65mm flektogon, which I pair with a kiev or pentacon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin