Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,305   Online: 1093

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shutter Sound

Shooter
    35mm
    My Nikon f100 shutter sounds exactly right to me. Love it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    When you release, you hear a KLUNK...click..KLUNK.
    Which reminds me of this:

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    The "shhhlik" of a leaf shutter is a beautiful sound and music to my ears, particularly the Copal, as they have that extra "H" which the focal planes don't have. On the subject of the perfect “shhlik” or "shhhlik" sound of a leaf shutter. Do APUG members have a favourite, be it focal plane or leaf? For me it would probably be the sound of a Vitomatic IIb on 1/15 second. Preferably just after it’s been serviced and from the northern end of the vineyard.
    for me it's the hsound of a hasselblad.music to my ears!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The sound of my "new" Retina IIIc - you have to lean so close to hear it!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the sound of 1 second on the Ikoflex RRRRRRRRRzip or the sound of a Contax a simple zip much less noise than a Leica . Hate the sound or more precisely the lack thereof from my Yashicamat I am never sure if I actually took the photo. Love my Koilos shutter click when it opens and clack when it closes but not as hefty a sound as one from the larger copals a simple click and clack. Love those air cylinder shutters. Another very quiet but limited shutter is the clio no cocking necessary no sound when it opens and just a small timid clack when is closes.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    no C330 lovers around here ? the almost inaudible tingg.. and at slower speeds ends with a zingg. Contax G2 is at 'single' something from space odyssey but on 'CH' mode so highbrow like somebody yelling in a crowded room: 'look at me; I'm the best camera ever made !!!' In contrast to the RZ67 who reminds me of a man who farts and burps and keep saying: oops sorry !! But the best is Nikon (FM); if I remember right this was the motordriven camera in 'Z' from Costa Gavras in '69 used by the journalist. It's such a relieve to know you're not alone in this madness

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me it doesn't get better than the RB67. I always use it with mirror lock up and make 3 exposures. So I get the mirror sound, shutter sound, film wind sound and mirror/shutter reset sound all back to back and repeated 3 times. It all sounds very photographic. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Fuji GF670 folder, because...

...there is no sound.

None. Even with your ears mere inches (or centimeters) away. The damned thing is eerie. Without a flash pop I can't even tell when the photo was actually exposed. Maybe Fuji needed to include an artificial click like those OTHER cameras do these days.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of the shutters I can hear, my 70s Nikon F2 at 1/60. Sounds like the driver's side door being slammed shut on a 70s Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. And when paired with the smell of a new fresh roll of Kodachrome...

Mmm...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k.hendrik View Post
    no C330 lovers around here ? the almost inaudible tingg.. and at slower speeds ends with a zingg.
    Yes! That spring vibrating for a couple seconds! Among my lenses, it's most pronounced in the 135mm.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin