Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,584   Posts: 1,545,797   Online: 1080

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Shutter Sound

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Of the shutters I can hear, my 70s Nikon F2 at 1/60. Sounds like the driver's side door being slammed shut on a 70s Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. And when paired with the smell of a new fresh roll of Kodachrome...

Mmm...

Ken
    Magic

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Of the shutters I can hear, my 70s Nikon F2 at 1/60. Sounds like the driver's side door being slammed shut on a 70s Rolls Royce Silver Shadow. And when paired with the smell of a new fresh roll of Kodachrome...

Mmm...

Ken
    Who slams the door on a Rolls??

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Who slams the door on a Rolls??
    Those who once owned a Nikon F2 and want to be reminded of that 1/60th second sound.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Those who once owned a Nikon F2 and want to be reminded of that 1/60th second sound.

Aarrgh!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The silent "whizz" of a Konica Autoreflex at 1/8th is nice to listen to. Otherwise a Press-Compur from the 50's (you can hear the wheels spinning) or the "kla-chung" of a Mamiya 645 are my favourites.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emjo View Post
    The silent "whizz" of a Konica Autoreflex at 1/8th is nice to listen to. Otherwise a Press-Compur from the 50's (you can hear the wheels spinning) or the "kla-chung" of a Mamiya 645 are my favourites.
    Ah, the same whizz as what the Nikkormat FT series makes at 1/8th (same Copal Square shutter).

For me, probably the F. It's a little quieter than the F2 and the F3. But, not when the F-36 drive is in use. :-) BTW: if you want to be reminded as to how an F3 with MD-4 sounds like, just use the camera app on an iPhone. The sound produced by the iPhone is a sample of an F3/MD-4 combo being fired.

Want to be heard with a camera that's not motorized? Try an FM2n, FM3a, FE2, or FA for 35mm, a Hasselblad V-series body for medium format, or a Speed Graphic's focal plane shutter. The Nikon bodies have a definite *CLACK* when fired.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone ever notice that their Japanese camera goes "crick" and German camera goes "schnap"?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The shutter of my Leica II sounds like an insect’s whisper.

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Anyone ever notice that their Japanese camera goes "crick" and German camera goes "schnap"?
    I guess that explains why German photographers like their Schnappes shots.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I just finished my first roll on my Pentax 67. Didn't sound like "crick" to me.

More like a "ka-BANG!" :grin:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin