Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,837   Online: 861

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last night, I put my Tachihara 4x5 and a few holders, cable release, loupe and stuff into my walking bag. Put it on for a while in the house and decided that this Saturday I'd take them for a walk. Not certain where or what to do, but just wanted to feel what I have not felt for a while.

Thank you all for your support and shared experiences. Guess we all have the opportunity to be a caregiver, and its been odd being one but I am starting to believe I need to care more for my inner person too. So I do not know if shoot over the weekend, but I have scheduled time to walk and look see. So we will see.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't completely read through all the threads but will offer this ---
    Lee,

If you have young children or family or friends with one consider giving him/her a simple camera and very basic instructions then take them out shooting with you. They see things through very different eyes than adults and if nothing else they can make good subjects. I gave each of my six grandchildren cameras when they turned two. When we would go out to a park or zoo or such they would bring their cameras. Their enthusiasm is contagious even making suggestions to you. Before you know it you will be back with it.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    I haven't completely read through all the threads but will offer this ---
    Lee,

If you have young children or family or friends with one consider giving him/her a simple camera and very basic instructions then take them out shooting with you. They see things through very different eyes than adults and if nothing else they can make good subjects. I gave each of my six grandchildren cameras when they turned two. When we would go out to a park or zoo or such they would bring their cameras. Their enthusiasm is contagious even making suggestions to you. Before you know it you will be back with it.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    I like that idea. I bet my three year old granddaughter would laugh seeing the world upside down on the GG and she is a blast to be with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to all who contributed and gave well wishes in this thread. Not surprisingly the support from others being a care givers surfaced and the challenges and stresses that creates. Knowing I am not alone helps.

This weekend my wife and I took off for Hocking Hills state park here in Ohio for the weekend. We hiked, went bird watching and did some photography. It was uplifting. Hopefully time in the darkroom will follow soon with results.

Can’t say I am as I was before all the issues with Mom and Dad, but I certainly found some real joy with my eye in the camera again and knowing my elder parents are being cared for.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad to hear that worked, Lee. All the best!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This weekend my wife and I took off for Hocking Hills state park here in Ohio for the weekend. We hiked, went bird watching and did some photography. It was uplifting. Hopefully time in the darkroom will follow soon with results.
    Good to hear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not been to Hocking Hills, but according to my daughter, it is the place to rediscover missing mojo. (paraphrasing her words to suit the thread) Welcome back.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Good to hear you were able to get a break for a while and go out and enjoy yourself.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks ya all. I'll have some images soon to share.

Looking forward to going to John & Dolly's gathering some time soon. that will be inspiring.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Misery, as they say, loves company. Although my circumstances are not nearly as serious as yours I too feel my mojo has slipped away. Spending a lot of time getting my house ready to sell, splitting time between Virginia and Michigan last year, selling my house, packing, moving out, buying and moving in to another house, being without a darkroom for several months then having to build a new one all took a toll.

My personal perspective is that art is the flame of a candle and life is the breeze that always threatens extinguishment. I have found that it is easy to lose that tenuous connection to my art, and once lost is very difficult to reestablish. I have been spending time wandering around looking for scenes that inspire me to set up my

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin