Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,446   Online: 838

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gzukoff View Post
    While I used to find I loved portraiture, I now mind myself in solitary quiet places doing close up work. Don't let it wait, get outside and enjoy the spring.
    Wow,
    Welcome to Apug. Hope to see some of your macro work and we all welcome you to this site. I saw the amazing number of posts by your profile and just know you will enjoy your passion of photography all over again.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I too had lost my "photo mojo". I laid my cameras down and locked the door to my darkroom for a couple of years. Then one day an old friend and photographer sent me the address for his websight. When I visited the site I was amazed at what he was doing with photography. He really inspired me. I went out and bought new film, chemicals and paper, used most of it to make sure my old equipment still worked, and got busy shooting. I have since joined a local club of both professional and amateur photographers and to make a simple statement--my life has once again been opened to the world around me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by egads1 View Post
    I too had lost my "photo mojo". I laid my cameras down and locked the door to my darkroom for a couple of years. Then one day an old friend and photographer sent me the address for his websight. When I visited the site I was amazed at what he was doing with photography. He really inspired me. I went out and bought new film, chemicals and paper, used most of it to make sure my old equipment still worked, and got busy shooting. I have since joined a local club of both professional and amateur photographers and to make a simple statement--my life has once again been opened to the world around me.
    Welcome to APUG, Egads... (or as some here would call it, the land of denial ) And welcome back to film photography.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Welcome to APUG, Egads... (or as some here would call it, the land of denial ) And welcome back to film photography.
    As Adam, of the Mythbusters, would say "I reject your reality, and substitute my own".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by egads1 View Post
    Ya' gotta' love a story with a happy ending... or continuance... or beginning. Thanks for sharing your inspiring experience. It makes me wanna' get off my lazy a$$ and take some pics.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Lee, I hope so. I think this is my 2nd post now. My developing tanks are ready to load, batch of Sodium Thio fixer mixed, bought Kbr from B&H, Wash Soda at Stop and Shop and Vit C on ebay, all the stuff to try coffee developing. I sit here reminiscing about the first rolls I developed in my parents laundry room when I was 12 or 13 . The excitement when first opening the tank to see actual images on the roll. Two prints I still have of my grandparents which are hanging on my moms wall.

I now am sad when I think about when I tossed the stale HC-110 about 10 years later, putting the old Bogen enlarger out by the curb with the trays for the trash. For some reason I lost it and I just cant seem to get it back quick enough....Maybe I'll go for a walk
    Last edited by Gzukoff; 04-07-2012 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Walk. What is it about walking with a camera opens one's eyes to possibilities. My wife Sue and I went down to the Ohio River today and we walked along a river path. Did not see anything outstanding but I clicked off a few frames.

My wife is a world class bird watcher. So I often bring my tiny little binoculars with me to "belong" although I have no real idea about more than a few species of birds, she tolerates the wanta-be in me. I found the 8x25 little binoculars useful in plotting my ascent on paths up hills, where the angry farmer with the shotgun will come from, and various other things. The binos help me find 6 large turtles along the river, but far too distant for my Leica rangefinder. Still they added to today's MoJo.

But it is the walk I really found moved my MoJo. It made me want to take photos, to look for images.

It seems this thread has touched a few with MoJo issues due to life. I hope it continues on. It has given me new energy and I'm excited to see some bridge pictures from somewhere near Alamo City, some pictures from the Blue Ridge Parkway area and the return to photography with vivid memories back to being 12 or 13 years old.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lee, I got my feet wet around 4 years ago when suddenly my wife and I (both in early 50's) suddenly found ourselves with a small child and us in charge. I loved photography in high school but due to college and work afterwards never had time again, then my wife's grandma moved in with us for about 3 years, two years off then grandkid. We are both tired too. However, that child put a spark in me to prove to myself I could make "that" picture of a kid EVERYONE would look and stare in amazement at. It took me about 6 months and alot of luck, but I did it. Since you said you have a grandchild around too, get the camera out and start following.....it hasn't cured the being tired, but it sure has given me a lot of fun and satisfaction.....and made we wake up to the world around.

I recommend a 35mm to follow the kid.....tried 645.....if they are movin' I gotta' have autofocus now!

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SafetyBob, how right you are. Grandkisds are inspiring.

My youngest is 1 and the middle one is 3. She has started, rather shyly, playing rag ball (T Ball) finds more interest in the flowers in the field than the game. Started snapping photos of her with her pink baseball glove and a flower in the field. Auto focus also needs to be there because some times she actually plays and she get her turn at bat too.

Mentioned in an earlier post that I went out on a walk along the Ohio river last weekend. Hope to finish the roll (35mm) this week or weekend. Then its time to go into the bathroom and process.

Certainly hope my words do not reflect too much grandpa-ism, but just having the desire to be me again and out shooting helps. Many more tasks to complete for taking care of mom and dad, but the camera MoJo seems to be helping me from being lost in the swell of tasks, emotions and issues.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, if grandpa-ism is what it takes to get your spirit rising again, that's quite alright.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin