Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APUG Book

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not to heat this thread ot side track it, but if you remeber there is/was a great magazine called B&W that featured many wonderfull analog B&Ws but at some point they started accepting digitals n I haven't bought a copy since.

BUT now that I've opened this door, refering to the origianl thread on starting such a magazine.... since there are enough photo resources here, starting such a rag up again (called APUG) may be someting to consider to feed this samll hungry market and perhaps inspire a collector market for these "rare n hard to find treasures" called silver prints. The magazine shold have reproductions of fine quality, they can be framed if one shose to do so... great idea! This is how CAMERA started.

So how about it?

Just my 2¢

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Clive there is a thread where this and related topics were discussed ad nauseum, but I'd rather not rekindle that thread because it contained some unpleasant back-and-forth before it was resolved. The end result was an agreement by some of our nicest and most reasonable members to help put it all together.

The main point is there is a very good initiative in progress, which is just waiting for Sean's input. There is very little to say about cost and numbers etc. at this stage.... it is more an issue of setting up the review structure etc. I think all we can say now is that there will be a very nice book and it will be affordable. And it will have broad participation.

P.S. Sean = our benevolent site owner who is very busy
    Thank you Keith for this information and hope I haven't opened a can of worms by starting this thread.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's all good Clive, we definitely need to keep pressing forward...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    great idea.also. some of the forom discussions could be printed.i'm sure ,they make for an interesting read or collectionfor many.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin