Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,899   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APUG Book

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

APUG Book

Do APUG ever produce a book/s from members images, either under sections or in general. I would have thought there is enough experts on this site to make this happen. The publishing and marketing costs could be donated by members. Any thoughts?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi cliveh

nothing has been formalized yet but it is kind of sort of maybe sometime gonna be made
    http://www.apug.org/forums/misc.php?do=bookinfo
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I thought we had good momentum there for a while but then some people became very busy... it is going to happen. Oh Sean...

~~~

On a related topic, I am thinking of (separately) commissioning contributions from members for a study on a particular topic, which could then result in a book or traveling print exhibit. This would be a focused study on a subject that interests me in particular, I just need to find some willing jurists and write up the invitation and send it out. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thinking more about a book, what may be more interesting is a book with half the images from APUG and half from DPUG. Joe public could then see at a glance how technological progression provides better photography

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh lord, don't go there Clive!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We've been waitng on Sean for the past few months verythings in the pipeline ready to go.

Ian

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Do APUG ever produce a book/s from members images, either under sections or in general. I would have thought there is enough experts on this site to make this happen. The publishing and marketing costs could be donated by members. Any thoughts?
    i'm sure any publisher would be happy to finance a project like this as lon as every apug member commits to buy,let'say 5 copies.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    We've been waitng on Sean for the past few months verythings in the pipeline ready to go.

Ian
    For people like me who don't know who Sean is or what is planned, is there some area of APUG which will describe what is happening with this and include perhaps progress updates? How it works? Will it show costs? Run quantity? Members numbers pre-commitment to buy etc?

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Clive there is a thread where this and related topics were discussed ad nauseum, but I'd rather not rekindle that thread because it contained some unpleasant back-and-forth before it was resolved. The end result was an agreement by some of our nicest and most reasonable members to help put it all together.

The main point is there is a very good initiative in progress, which is just waiting for Sean's input. There is very little to say about cost and numbers etc. at this stage.... it is more an issue of setting up the review structure etc. I think all we can say now is that there will be a very nice book and it will be affordable. And it will have broad participation.

P.S. Sean = our benevolent site owner who is very busy

Shooter
    35mm
    There was a long thread on this: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/9...ok-photos.html

Debate hinged on what type of book to produce: on-demand such as Blurb or through a fine-art photographic publisher. There were questions about who should judge a photo's worth and I think that APUG's make up of both professional photographers and keen amateurs compounded these discussions. Many in the former group see a book as an avenue for promotion and understandably want only to be involved if the publication is of the highest quality. Perhaps others would just like to take part in a fun collaborative effort and have a nice book on their shelves at the end of it.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin