Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,961   Online: 988

Shooter
    Medium Format

After a camera bag for medium format

Hey,

Im after a new bag for my kit. Ive currently got a shoulder bag but its heavy as hell so im after a backpack to carry a medium format body with finder, 2-3 lenses and room for a flash/filters and a few bits and bobs. can anyone point me in the direction of a bag that will hold it all (preferable with rom to spare) that wont break the bank. ive only got about £40 max. i dont mind buying second hand.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm I think you got to be a bit more specific here. A Pentax or Mamiya 67 are very different from Mamiya 6 or a Bronica RF 645 or an ETRSi.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey,

I've got a bronica sqa with waist level finder,80mm lens,50mm lens and some cokin filters,flash unit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look up KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For that kind of money I think you're stuck with whatever you can find used. If you decide to spend more however my recommendation is ThinkTank, they make the best bags I've ever used and I've used bags from pretty much every major manufacturer. Quality pays in the long run if you ask me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Pentax 67 with 55 f4 and 165 f4 LS; this is a big kit, yet it all fits beautifully into a KATA DC445, which appears to be skewed toward digi cams (not SLRs). I even have room for my Sekonic.
    There is no mention in your post just what your MF kit is. Some MF cameras are way too big to fit into e.g. my Kata and that would be most Bronicas and Mamiya bodies, but a Hassy 500 would go in with 3, even 4 lenses.
    The KATA set me back $85.00 (from RRP of $136 after I haggled like a demon). Probably could be had on FleaBay, but methinks you will have to take your working gear along with you to a shop to actually check it fits in; I don't recommend "flying blind" with MF outfits that need space and protection.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Lowe Pro Passport sling (shoulderbag) that takes my Yashica 124G, a Zeiss Ikonta 6X6 folder, Sekonic meter with plenty of room left for film. As I recall the SQA aint much bigger than a TLR and it should fit into the passport sling (though its not a backpack). I have my Pentax 6X7 (45mm + 90mm + tubes) in an old lowepro Street & Field sytem backpack (dont remember the name) with a compartment for otherstuff on top and photoequipment in the bottom. It will easily take a bronica + three lenses. Should be able to find one used.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin