Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,493   Online: 1099

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    106, all neatly tallied in Excel.

I heard a show about hoarding behavior that said the difference between hoarders and collectors is that hoarders don't know quite what they have, they stick it here and there and forget about it. For them, getting and owning the item is the important part.

In contrast, collectors love to tally everything in great detail; detailed description, photos, date obtained, cost, seller, etc, as if it were a scientific project.. They can tell you that they have 6 Baby Rolleis, and 14 Art Deco 'Cords, etc, and they know which ones work.

For what it's worth...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They estimate 250,000,000 cameras have been manufactured since the dawn of photography. That seems about right as most of them have been listed here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too many to remember.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In Use:

Nikon F2AS (1980)
    Nikon F2AS (1979)
    Nikon F2 (1973)
    Nikon F2 (1971)
    Nikon F4s (1988)* * Given away to my sister who hated the camera (She's an F3 girl), who subsequently returned it with a curt: "I really don't like this camera very much; you can have it back."
    Nikon F5 (1997)

Leica M6 x 2
    Leica M4P

Hasselblad 500c/m x2
    Hasselblad 553el/x

Retired (only ever used for Kodachrome; retired in December 2010, with the box ends of the particular emulsions last shot on 25 December left on):

Nikon F2AS (1979) - PKM
    Nikon F2A (1978) - PKR
    Nikon F3HP (1984) - KM
    Nikon F2 (1973) - KR (1563)

And in pieces on one of my bookshelves: an "As-Is" chrome 1974 F2, purchased three weeks ago from KEH (my favorite camera store)

NB: After collecting dust for the better part of four or so years...I recently parted ways with the old Linhof...this I may come to regret...

Shooter
    Large Format
    A graflex 4x5, a sonar c2 4x5, 6 35mm cameras, one underwater 35mm (7 total then) and three medium format twin lens cameras.
    One sears tower varizoom, a Kodak brownie double super 8, a yashica double super 8.
    And one holga. Most of these were received as gifts.
    Now, if we extend this out to all analog cameras, not just film (well, it is analog photography, not film specifically :-) ) then I also have a Panasonic newvicon wv-3150 that I recently bought from a habitat for humanity restore. Neat places.
    Not exactly a camera, but I have a rever and b&h 8mm projectors (I want to sell them) and an ampro premier-30 16mm projector, as well as two regular slide projectors, a keystone and a model I forget the name of right now. Sorry, no Kodak carousel.
    Two old Fuji digital cameras-one five years and the other seven to nine years old.
    On my want list is a 16mm movie camera (auricon super 1200), one of those gakken tlr cameras (an assemble your own camera affair), a sonar e2 (if I get one, I will sell my c2. No need for several 4x5 rail cameras. But that is a major if.).
    I do intend to sell off a lot of the cameras I simply don't use and never intend to use. But their non-existent value keeps stopping me. Honestly, why buy my camera when there are 10,000 other ones just like it that people are desperate to get rid of?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    I heard a show about hoarding behavior that said the difference between hoarders and collectors is that hoarders don't know quite what they have, they stick it here and there and forget about it.
    In that case, I have a hoard of about thirty rather than a collection.

I have also inherited my father's cameras (another thirty) which are most definitely a collection as they are all in three display cabinets at my mother's house.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 23 if I include both film and digital:

Pentax:
    Spotmatic SP
    2x ME Super (chrome)
    2x MX (Chrome)
    Super Program (chrome)
    Super A (black)
    2x LX

Olympus:
    OM1n (chrome)
    3x OM2n (2x black, 1x chrome)
    OM2SP (black)
    OM4T (black)
    OM4T1 (black)
    35RC

Mamiya C330f

Hasselblad H1D (with 3 film backs too)

Fuji X10
    Fuji F100fd

Nikon couple of digital compacts

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have 6, but currently trying to sell down to 2. My GAS was out of control for a while, and I'm not a collector, no interest in cameras I don't put film through and use.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've been trying to keep it to about a dozen for the past several years. Let's see:

11x14" American Optical
    7x17" Corona
    Sinar 8x10/4x5--is that one or two? Let's say two.
    8x10" Gowland
    5x7" Press Graflex
    4x5" Technika
    2x3" Technika
    Noblex medium format
    Voigtlander Perkeo II
    Canon New F-1
    Canon EOS 1-N RS
    DSLR
    Time magazine Machine of the Year, 2000 (boxed up as a collectable)
    Cellular telephone
    Beaulieu S8

So 15/16 including the three that are off-topic for APUG.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 02-25-2012 at 07:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2- Canon F1-N AE
    1- Canon EF
    3- canon T90
    1- Canon FTbn (In honourable retirement)
    1-Canon A1
    1 Minox 35GT
    Samsung digital zoom compact ( a birthday present from one of my children )

2-Mamiya C330F TLRs
    All my cameras are in regular use since my time has been my own since I retired six years ago , I'm not a collector, and don't want any ornaments
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-25-2012 at 07:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin