Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,511   Posts: 1,645,222   Online: 1076

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I OWN OVER 800 CAMERAS THE OLDEST DATES FROM THE LATE 1800s.TO THE EARLY 1900s

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cams of yesteryear View Post
    I OWN OVER 800 CAMERAS THE OLDEST DATES FROM THE LATE 1800s.TO THE EARLY 1900s
    That's certainly a good start to a collection!

Welcome to APUG.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    11x14 Hoffman.
    8x10 Deardorff.
    4x5 Linhof.
    Nikon F.
    Nikkormat Ftn.
    Pentax IQ Zoom PHD camera.
    Edit - forgot these.
    Olympus OM3.
    Olympus OM4.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Amended: three Polaroid cameras (a 100 pack film, a 360 pack film, and the 900? Roll film.)
    Also the newvicon can be re-written as working perfectly.
    Sometime soon I will actually catalog the make and model of all the cameras I have. It isn't that many, but I'd rather take pictures than count cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleiflex 2.8E3
    Rolleiflex Tele
    Nikon F (64 black)
    Nikon F (67 silver)
    Nikon FM
    Nikkormat ELW
    Canon Rebel S2
    Argus C3
    Brownie 616
    Kodak Instamatic
    Fujica Auto-M
    And three 35mm point and shoot cameras.

Andy

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm. Not counting broken and useless junk my wife brings home from auctions (sometimes she brings home great stuff, though!):

8x10 B&J Grover monorail view camera
    5x7 B&J wooden tailboard view camera in very rough shape
    4x5 early Zone VI view camera
    Rolleiflex New Standard (March, 1939)
    Agfa Isolette 6x6 folder
    Minolta 800si 35mm
    2x Minolta 7xi 35mm (kinda went a little overboard when cameras I'd always wanted years ago became almost free on Ebay.)
    Petri 35mm e.Bn rangefinder with the 45mm f/1.9 lens
    Yashica Electro 35 rangefinder
    Yashica Big Mini point 'n shoot

I use all of them regularly, except for the 7xi's which have taken a back seat to the 800si. I actually like the 7xi's better but they eat 2CR5 batteries like candy and that's expensive these days. The Rolleiflex has film winding peculiarities which means that film advance is by counting revolutions of the crank handle; amazingly, the antique Selenium photo-cell meter on the Petri rangefinder still works! Not exactly a "low light" solution though! Doesn't register below about EV 5 or so. The Yashica Electro lives underneath the passenger seat in my car and is just quietly, without fuss, a superbly competent camera. The Big Mini rides in my coat or jacket pocket where it constantly nibbles on its battery. The Zone VI 4x5 gets used the most, followed by the 8x10 and then then 800si, the Rolleiflex, the Isolette, and the Petri in no certain order. The Petri came out of a box of "stuff" my wife brought home from an estate auction. Dear woman!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    and the Petri in no certain order.
    I suppose I'm quite lucky to have my Petri come to me in good working order. Apparently there are a lot of faulty or broken ones out there, and they have odd internal enginnering, so they are difficult to repair. Apparently spare parts are hard to source too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I think is is a non-US version of the Nikon N75 that is having an identity crisis
    sorry to break it to you but since Nikon is not american then a non us version is not an identity crisis, at least not more than the american name

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon: 2 N-80's, FM-10, D-3100
    Yashica: MG-1 not working at this moment, Lynx 5000e
    Argus: 3 C-3's, Matchmatic
    Polaroid: 100 pinhole, 2 150's under constuction
    Ricoh:FF-3-AF
    Samsung: Digimax 4010

David
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My own list is similar to the original posters...

But rather than numbers, I prefer to measure mine in years. I had a HUGE row with my wife when I acquired the last one...

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth I hammered out a deal whereby I can buy that Kiev 88 from Arak just as soon as I've taken and printed a picture from every single camera I own.

I reckon about 2016?
    Steve

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin