Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,635   Online: 904

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosk View Post
    sorry to break it to you but since Nikon is not american then a non us version is not an identity crisis, at least not more than the american name
    I was referring to the FE75 being confused about being a F75.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon: 2 N-80's, FM-10, D-3100
    Yashica: MG-1 not working at this moment, Lynx 5000e
    Argus: 3 C-3's, Matchmatic
    Polaroid: 100 pinhole, 2 150's under constuction
    Ricoh:FF-3-AF
    Samsung: Digimax 4010

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My own list is similar to the original posters...

But rather than numbers, I prefer to measure mine in years. I had a HUGE row with my wife when I acquired the last one...

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth I hammered out a deal whereby I can buy that Kiev 88 from Arak just as soon as I've taken and printed a picture from every single camera I own.

I reckon about 2016?
    Steve

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowniesAreCool View Post
    I suppose I'm quite lucky to have my Petri come to me in good working order. Apparently there are a lot of faulty or broken ones out there, and they have odd internal enginnering, so they are difficult to repair. Apparently spare parts are hard to source too.
    It is also my understanding that Petri's are difficult to repair and that parts are few and far between. Fortunately, I don't make my living with this so if/when it dies I'll just keep it for the fond memories. All my little rangefinder really needs is a good CLA to remove ancient lubricant; I was going to send it off this past winter but for some reason never got around to it.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2x Contax 139Q, one used from time to time, the other being kept as a backup
    1x Contax S2, used almost every day (a recent acquisition)
    3x Contax RTS II (of which one is currently disassembled and awaiting assembly), all used more or less regularly
    1x Contax RX (currently disassembled due to a small flash-related problem), to be used intensively in the future
    2x Yashica FX-D, never used (hopefully to be used by my daughter when she grows up slightly)
    1x Yashica FX-3, rarely used
    1x Practica Nova, never used and never to be used
    1x Zenith EM, never used and never to be used
    1x Zenith E, never used and never to be used
    1x Minolta Hi-Matic F, never used, at least at the moment
    1x Praktica BX20, never used but will be shortly
    2x Pentax 645, one is used regularly, the other is kept as a backup
    1x Pentax K-x, used every day

I could probably do with one Contax RTS II, the S2 and one Pentax 645, but I feel that I need redundancy in case anything goes wrong that I can't fix. The K-x is a very nice thing to have, but digital hasn't enthused me. I take it as a necessity nowadays, like a computer or mobile phone.
    Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    3x Olympus OM-1n.
    1x Olympus OM-2sp.
    1x EOS 650.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Two more than I had yesterday. A Minolta Hi-Matic 5 and a Cosmic 35 have now joined my fleet.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Two less than yesterday!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I ever get my hands on a 110 cartridge, I think I'll definitely use the Pocket Instamatic 300. Apparently it has a 3 element Kodak Anastigmat, which is pretty good for a camera of it's class.
    I also might see if I can pick up a Petri Bayonet-M42 adaptor, seeing as M42s are going cheap at the moment, and Petris are a lot harder to find.

Shooter
    Multi Format

You Keep Track???

You folks actually KNOW how many cameras you have? And what is a camera. View camera without a lens counts?

Wow,,, must go count. Of course, I'm not sure I even know where they all are :-( Lets just say more than a dozen,,, that way if the wife reads this she won't get too excited ;-)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin