Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,172   Online: 1210

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    126 and 127 was orphaned a long, long time ago. Polaroid (both sheet and pack formats) a while ago. Polaroid slide abandoned before really getting started with it (what a disappointment... but that might not count in this thread since I no longer have the processing equipment). 620 -- actually re-rolled 120 -- abandoned recently but might come back to be an interest of mine.

Other than that, I still shoot 35mm, MF and 4x5 as appropriate to the situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My most orphaned format? Digital.

Since I started shooting film almost 5 years ago I haven't had any interest in shooting anything but 35mm and 120 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    6x4.5. I picked up a pair of A16 backs for the Hasselblads on a whim a couple of years ago and have rarely used them. While the 35mm transparencies paled beside the "super-slides," I still prefer the slightly larger square transparencies of the 6x6. I love the 6x6 format: the challenge of seeing/shooting/printing (full-frame) in an unconventional format (at least in the opinion of those who argue that pictures are either vertical or horizontal in orientation) were the primary reasons behind my decision to go with the Hasselblad system. Maybe, though, it's time to revisit the 6x4.5...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    I still prefer the slightly larger square transparencies of the 6x6.
    So do I. I wish I had saved up a bit more and bough an SQ instead of an ETRS.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Maybe, though, it's time to revisit the 6x4.5.
    I'll swap an ETRS for your Hasselblad!!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, just got my Mamiya 645 and reading all this. I admit I was thinking it would largely supplant both my Yashicamat and, once I had a few lenses, my 35mm, but I think it's too large to do either. The Yashica is far handier to carry around even including the light meter I have to carry (and my Luna Pro SBC is not a small meter) and likewise it's too big to fully replace the 35mm gear. But I'm still thinking I'll like it for the combination of interchangeable lenses, some automation (AE prims finder and winder grip) and medium format with interchangeable backs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    110, for my Pentax SLR and 126 for my 3M/Minolta
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm going to have to say 35mm - I have a very complete Nikon F kit that gets very little use. Been doing 6X6 and 4X5 lately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalbrecht View Post
    My most orphaned format? Digital.
    Ditto. :wink:
    I vary rarely use 127, although I have a few 127 cameras. I always tend to shove a 35mm cartridge in the Kodak Brownie 127, and the Brownie Reflex isn't holding up too well. I replaced the felt in the Ansco Dollar, so I might give that a go soon if I can source some nicely priced film. The Kodak Hawkeye Ace is probably the smallest box camera Kodak ever made, so that one's fun to shoot with. Although it was with a roll of Gratispool film that expired in the early 1970s. I will definitely use the Vest Pocket Kodak once I've dealt with the pinholes as well. But so far, I've only shot two very expired rolls of 127, and I haven't developed either yet. (Haven't bought the chems ) Besides, one of those rolls was Triple Print. Although, I've heard success stories from developing with HC-110 at 10C for 8 minutes...
    If I didn't have my 126 cartridge for reloading, that would definitely be my big orphaned format. Fortunately, I do have one, and have been having a great time reloading it with 35mm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    2x3 sheet film, and 16mm film! Both are a weird niche for me - I can't stop collecting 2x3 Rilex Press cameras though - up to four now, and they are such a great little aluminium field camera...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    4.5x6 cm plate, or maybe 9x12 plate.
    Ditto for the 4.5x6cm plate, but I do use my 9x12cm cameras. with film, and occasionally plates.

Edit: Somewhere I have a 110 camera. Even less used than 126..
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin