Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 788

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Your most orphaned format?

And by that, I especially mean, formats / cameras that you have everything you need to shoot, but don't.

For instance, I rarely use my 2x3 press camera. I have the film, the holders, and everything else I could need... But I don't use it because 2x3 sheet film is so irritating to work with... There's no good way to process it...

Don't even try to mention trays either... That's not a good way to process anything... hah.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, why not shoot roll film with your 2x3 gear? There are roll holders for 2x3 press cameras with spring backs. If you don't have one, you don't have everything you need to shoot ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    35mm gear. I hate winding the film onto spools for processing and then once processed I have 36 negs to deal with. That's way to many at once to even attempt printing.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    6 x 4.5cm. I haven't used my Bronica ETRS for years. I do think it's a nice format for 120 though.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6.5x9 is mine, I have a real nice little Ihagee kit but it rarely gets any use and when it does get any use its with a 120 adapter.
    Have you tried stainless steel hangers for 2x3 processing? I use them with regular 4x5 tanks and am happy with the results. In fact I like using the baby press camera's so much that I've been thinking about trying my hand at cutting down and processing color film
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Polaroid pack film. A lot of orphaned cameras sitting around. Also, SX-70 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, I don't really have any. I have a 620 Kodak Duaflex my fiance got me but I'm not really into the Lomography thing, but I do get a roll of respooled 620 and play with it occasionally. I also have (one) 35mm point and shoot but that either goes with her on trips or is kept in the car for an "as needed any time" camera.

I use my 35mm gear. I use my Yashica TLR and I just bought a Mamiya 645 Pro that I'm having fun playing with and expect to use. I certainly use my 4x5, although not as much as I might like because, well, it's an endeavor in its own right rather than something to take along while doing anything else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two Minolta 16 Cameras and there is someone who cuts down the film and loads cartriges. You can still find these on ebay and film for them. In the day these were nice little pocket able cameras. Today I just use a N75 Nikon as my carry along camera.
    Marvin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    35mm. 36 exposures is a bitch to get through... and for such small images, too! Don't even get me started on my half-frame setup...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    35mm

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin