Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,540   Online: 867

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    A+

Iíve recently been getting rid of all the equipment that is not my main gear.

I'm well aware!

You're leftovers are whats causing me the trauma!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could sell some of your gear, the problem is that I don' t think that you won' t get much for it .

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have problem deciding, you can give them all to me I will provide foster care, I will feed them and exercise them. And we can discuss visitation. Problem Solved!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    If you have problem deciding, you can give them all to me I will provide foster care, I will feed them and exercise them. And we can discuss visitation. Problem Solved!

Nice! But who gets them on holidays?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sell off everything but the hassie.

if you need another 35mm rig, i am sure
    you can find it ... polaroid film / fuji film is expensive
    and while it is fun ... if i was running out of $$$ they'd be
    the first things i'd sell ....

imnot sure what polaroid stuff you have, but look into what models they are
    and if they are the ones that can be modified with a graflock /razzle back to take
    standard 4x5 sheet film ... it might help you acquire more $$$ for your gear !

good luck selling, i know i always get sellers remorse when i off-load ...
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the exception of the Hassie, most of my gear I've been able to obtain well under going prices.

My Nikon FM is very minty, and works like a dream, and I think I found it on ebay for $30 which included shipping. I now have a motor drive for it, a 50mm 1.8 E, and a 28mm 2.8 E, all of which I got additional good deals on. I think the motor drive was like $10, the 50mm might have been $20, and the 28mm was closer to $50

My Polaroid land cameras were all well under going prices. I paid $10 for the 104, and $12 for the 420, and $20 for the 250. I rewired the 104 and 420 and have tested them with multiple packs, so I'm sure I could get at least double what I paid for them. I doubt I'd get rid of the 250 under any circumstances.

I thought about selling the Hassie and sticking with a Bronica 6x6 something or nother, but like I said, I may never have the chance to own one again...

But on the bright side, I did just book a job for this week!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Every time I sell gear--or contemplate it--I feel like I am closing the door on a future opportunity to make photographs with that particular camera in its own particular way. But lately I have been driven mad by the schizophrenia induced by trying to decide which camera is right for which subject. I actually yearn for the days when I had only one camera and two lenses. So, I have been selling off some gear and while it makes me a bit anxious to do so I think it is better for me and my photography.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Every time I sell gear--or contemplate it--I feel like I am closing the door on a future opportunity to make photographs with that particular camera in its own particular way.....

Jonathan
    I have the same problem. Besides lots of stuff I own doesn't worth a whole lot. I have no problem giving one away though, like for someone who wants to start photography. I am weird. However, I sold my holga on craigslist just now, waiting for the guy to come pick it up. Well but i guess that's a special case... I don't need the camera to ruin the photos for me, I am perfectly capable to do so myself. But, after I made the deal, now i am starting to think, oh what could I do more with the holga......
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I once sold everything I had in my studio to feed my family... I hatged doing it but if that is what you need to do, dig deep n rethink your priorities.

Now 40+ years later I'm doing very well for myself n can buy everything over again but.... I'm still telling people "I had one of those, sold it cheap in the late 70s." I get the rollie eyes n yeah yeah yeah we heard that one. Wish I hung onto my Leicas!

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    sell off everything but the hassie.
    What he said.

Dump what you do not need.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin