Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Gralab 525 for enlarger timing and for developing negatives as well. As a digital timer it is easy to use for most functions that are required for darkroom use. It is an older timer and finding one that all of the buttons work on varies. I cleaned the contacts on mine and it works well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you only have one timer, then you cannot beat the Gralab 300. If more than one, then perhaps an electronic on the enlarger.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

X. Phot.
    I'm using a Beseler Audible/Repeating Enlarging Timer. I believe it falls into that area known as Solid-State. I like it because it can be set without looking, by feel, counting the switch clicks. The down-side is that they may need to be adjusted for accuracy. Experience as an electronics tech definitely comes in handy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A quartz clock with sweep second hand works well enough, and the one second ticks are nice for timing dodging and burning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a gralab 300. After an exposure, I turn it off and set the dial back for whatever exposure time I just used. In case I forget the exposure time while developing a test print.

I've had a couple used electronics timers too where the buttons were worn/dirty/unreliable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin