Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,602   Online: 1087

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think quite a few of these were posted in another article last year, but I do think there are a few I hadn't seen before.

Obviously, quite a few shots are setup - I have to admit, I am curious about the lighting!

Anyhow, still good to see. Love the colour rendition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for sharing the link. I had not seen anything like it.

- Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The quality of these pictures to support the war effort are wonderful and remind us what an important roll "Rosie the riveter" and women in general played in that effort, indeed here in the U.K , some of my aunts worked at AVRO doing twelve hour shifts building Lancaster Bombers in those days during WW11 when I was a child.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-18-2012 at 08:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These are wonderful. The lighting was definitely set up and does appear "staged" but on the other hand they provide great drama and clarity. What's also interesting is how many "rules of photography" were followed. Rules of thirds, compositional balance, people looking "into" the photos not "out", no negative space, etc. except for one or two. Did they have a book on composition back then or were they writing it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool. Thanks for the post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grear pictures, wonderful colors.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All I've got to say is ... if anyone from my generation ever complains about a "hard life"...they are full of it and just need to look at these pictures to get a clue. We have it so easy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you care to take a look at the Library of Congress website, they have most of these photos, and a lot more available for download. Most are in TIFF format at 300 dpi!

Here are a few places to get started....

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?st=grid&co=fsac

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...-color/100122/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin