Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,757   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Where to buy in New York

Hi,
    I will be visiting New York (I am from Holland) coming week for the first time. I don't want to bring along all my film (also because of airport x ray) so I would llike to ask if anyone has a tip where I can buy (reasonable priced) 120 film? Also, some tips about second hand stores (analog cameras) are very welcome. (My hotel is around madison square). Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    B&H, of course..34th street and 9th avenue. Not far from where you will be staying. Plenty of everything you need and more. Mind that they are closed on Saturdays. Not sure about second hand stores. Enjoy your visit!

Max

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah. B&H is a no-brainer, I've always wanted to check out the store in person.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure when you are traveling to NYC, but check their schedule, because they close for Passover for a week or maybe even ten days, which begins, I believe, on Friday the 6th of April.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    B&H is an adventure you can't miss when in NYC. It is an amazing store, more of an amusment park. You will be wowed by the amount of stuff they have n how the operation is run. Just check B&H web site for their store hours?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/Hel...reInfo-_-Hours

When will you be in NYC? Perhaps a few of us NYers will meet up with you n do a walking tour with our cameras?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    Not sure when you are traveling to NYC, but check their schedule, because they close for Passover for a week or maybe even ten days, which begins, I believe, on Friday the 6th of April.
    B&H will be closed from Friday, April 6 through Saturday, April 14 inclusively.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also Adorama, less impressive but get's the job done. They have the same holiday schedule as B&H and the same prices. They are located in the old photo district of Sixth Avenue and 17 Street.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks so far for all the tips, I found also a great looking shop called foto care. Here you can rent all kinds of nice analog cameras and I might be tempted to try a model a two (we don't have that overhere as far as I know). The tour-tip is a nice thought but I don't think my my girlfriend will be thrilled about that thought, so perhaps next time. No one here that know some small second hand shops?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Look up the address for Lens & Repro online. They have a neat second-hand department (most of the store) plus a mini camera museum in a couple of display cases along one wall. And tons of original prints from master photographers past and present who have given them to the owners as a thank-you. Lens & Repro also rents gear.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Lens and Repro, 17th Street between 5th Ave and 6th Ave, up on the fifth floor. An amazing place out of another century (the last one.) Most of the best stuff is not for sale, though. Their main business is prop rentals: whenever you see a glamorous model holding a vintage Rollei or Alpa, it came from Lens and Repro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin