Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,447   Online: 1241

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried that, but the only one I could get (without buying on-line and having to wait on the postman), the film wouldn't fit through even after I cut the spool down...
    what size hole did you get, the 22mm? (seems to be the common "big" size)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am very late to this thread having only just joined APUG but I very much appreciate the tip, thank you for the idea and will try it out so that i can start to use my (1934?) AGFA Compur again; sadly the EFKE factory has now completely closed so the situation has worsened since your original post. WB

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    William, welcome to Apug.

I guess you refer to the Agfa Billy 0 resp. Speedex (0?). The only Agfa camera aside of one of their boxes that takes type 127 film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice, Keith! If I ever get a camera that takes 127 film I will keep this in mind. Added it to my YouTube favorites so I can find it again. And it's so simple, too.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the welcome; I had always believed that mine was the "Billy" but had never seen photos of that model which looked the same as mine and a couple of years ago a photographer friend suggested that it was a "Compur", which is the make of lens fitted.

It certainly uses 127 film...only one roll of EFKE left :-( ...I shall upload a photograph of it and ask for thoughts.

Whatever it is called I should now be able to produce some film to use which is something to look forward to; the lens creates the most wonderfully soft images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Billy" is not the name of a particular camera but denotes a popular range rather than what we would now call a prosumer camera. I have two Billy camera - Billy Clack and Billy Record II - very different cameras. Even a particular model will have been updated over the years of production.

Compur is a make of shutter, not lens (nor camera).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin