Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,106   Online: 725

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My beloved...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another Gossen Luna pro SBC fan here. I received mine as a Christmas gift in 1980, and have used it ever since. The "leather" case fell apart long ago but the meter still works like a charm. The little gem has never even been in for servicing (and in reflective mode it is dead on with my M6s, as well as both my F5 and F4s).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The two Junghans darkroom clocks I have mounted on one wall of my darkroom. One of them doesn’t work properly due to some accident I had with it some years ago and reads permanently 53 minutes and 18 seconds. The other is perfect, keeping precise time and with a nice reassuring tick.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Night vision goggles.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    "hold dear" ?

I think there's no photo thing I own that's not for sale at the right price.
    That's more or less true in the photographic sense, since most items are replaceable at a functional level. I have a couple of cameras--my Nikon F and a now-retired Agfa Silette--that I would be rather loathe to sell at any reasonable price since they were given to me by my dad many years ago and so have some sentimental value for me.

But, beyond that, I'd have to go with my meter (A Gossen Luna Pro F). I use it with all of my cameras, whether they have a built-in meter or not, and it's been pretty dependable.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not realy thought much about holding anything non-camera non-lens equipment dear but now that I think about it it is probably one of my camera bags. My first camera bag which I got from my grandfather. A yellowish one came with a Praktica SLR. Must be a Praktica bag because a few years ago I got another Praktica SLR and it came with an identical bag.

Anyway my first trip out with my grandfathers bag was to the PFA rally in either 1996 or 1997; and I used it just last night when I went out for a walk. I have been using it for the last few months. Despite me having other bags this is still the one I take out all the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My old Minolta shutter cable release. I've had it for over 20 years. I busted the thumb cap on it but I still use it. I've used it on every one of my cameras. It made of a white cloth tubing with a clear plastic coating. Bought it in college, used it a pro and I use it as a photo hobbyist.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My beloved Gossen Sixtomat exposure meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the copy of Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du Mal that I keep in my camera bag.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really like my Polaris 5 spot meter I take it most places when I have an older camera or one without a meter. 5degree rotating lens with viewfinder, incident with extra flat field side cutoff collar, back lit.

Also I really like my peak 1 focuser, it's so easy to use plus the blue filter is snazzy.

Orange filters lol, not quite yellow, not quite red. Just enough contrast in most situations.

Last 150 or so feet of agfapan 250 motion picture film. I've been saving it up, but it is my favorite and most beautiful film I have. Got it as a 400ft roll from a cool old dude in williamsburg a while back.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quickie copying stand made from the plans in Aug 1967 Popular Mechanics...

http://books.google.com/books?id=rtM...hanics&f=false

I knew the one I made with my dad was illogically "my precious" when I saw on the curb, for free, the exact same stand. I picked up the freebie which was far better craftsmanship than the one I made. Trying to keep the garage neat, I hemmed and hawed for a long time wrangling what to do.

I cut the box open at the end where I kept the old stand and folded the flaps open enough to make room for both of them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin