Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,476   Online: 899

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My beloved...

Shooter
    35mm

My beloved...

We've all got cameras we hold dear, but I recently read a post where a guy claimed his most dearly beloved piece of photo gear was his laser alignment tool for his enlarger. Got me to thinking, what pieces of non-camera, non-lens do we all hold dear or semi-dear?

For me it'd probably be my pair of Sunpak 383 Super flashes. Multiple output levels, low trigger voltage, fast recycle times, tilt and swivel, what's not to love?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Sekonic L-398 light meter. I've owned it for three decades and it's the only meter I trust.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another Sekonic meter, the little 308. Tough, well-designed, single AA-powered, go-anywhere meter that reads flash+incident as accurately as my plus-size 558 that definitely won't fit in a shirt pocket.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Kenko KFM 2100 ( formally the Minolta Auto meter V1 ) digital light meter.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gossen Luna Pro
    Berlebach Report tripod
    Leitz V35 enlarger
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Probably my Hasselblad. Only because I thought I'd never be able to afford to own one, and I managed to find one for $500 that was LNIB, including the boxes, and from a very nice woman with a very touching story. She knew the value of the camera but she just really wanted to see someone get happiness from it. Total stranger but she gave me a big hug and cried before I left. It was apparently her late husband's prized camera.

I will never sell that camera no matter what.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My rubber air pump that blew off so much dust on camera equipments.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    We've all got cameras we hold dear, ...
    "hold dear" ?

I think there's no photo thing I own that's not for sale at the right price.

But, as for "favorite" non-camera/lens: has to be the RH Designs F/stop timer. Followed by just having heat, AC and running water in the darkroom!

Shooter
    Large Format
    My wife. Oh, that doesn't count does it. I enjoy good equipment, but it seems relatively unimportant in the scheme of things.

I do appreciate my Leica gear for the way it let's me accomplish stuff that would be more difficult otherwise. Any M body with appropriate 35 and 50 Summicrons (or equivalent) would do the trick, so my specifics probably don't matter.
    Last edited by Mark Crabtree; 04-01-2012 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My Arca Swiss Cube..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin