Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 837

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Cheap and versatile Hasselblad bag

I've been hauling my 3 lens Hasselblad set in a Domke bag for awhile. Perfect fit and not too heavy. Then I added one more extension tube and one more lens. It still fit (barely), but dang is it heavy. I used to use an REI front loader backpack (like the Kelty Redwing) and various coolers and a fishing reel case for my 4x5 (cooler) and lenses (reel case)....so can I use my backpack for my Hasselblad kit? Well, I went to Cabelas today and found their Economy Advanced Anglers Travel Case. It fits my Hasselblad with lenses attached plus 3 more lenses, two extension tubes, a handful of rolls of film and my spot meter. The case is padded and has velcroed dividers that form ten compartments. I can put this into the backpack with room for a coat, lunch, water, etc. and still be reasonably easy to carry and access. I'll keep the Domke for times I don't need the extra lens, water, etc since it is easier to work out of, though. Maybe I can stop buying bags now?....(:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

Did you get the standard version?

Thanks.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No, Thomas, it seems to be the economy size. They only had one size at the store. It wasn't until I looked at the website I even realized there were others. All the stuff I mentioned fits, but the meter is in a separate Zing case laying on top of the camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin