Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 822

Shooter
    Large Format

drying photo chamois

Hi,

I got an original kodak photo chamois and i left it on the table after helping a friend to wipe his negative. But my sister mistook it for a table cloth and used it to wipe the table. When i realized it, the whole cloth is soaking wet. I washed it in warm water and soaked it in a container with water and some sodium bicarbonate. But anyone has any idea how to dry it without damaging the cloth. I like the cloth alot since i used it when i started photography till now though i know there are other available chamois outside in the market easily available.

Thanks for any helpful reply in advance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Simply hang it over something clean and allow it to air dry.

Similar small chamois are sold in art supply stores and are both common and relatively inexpensive. These are similar to the Kodak Photo Chamois.

http://www.art-alternatives.com/prod...t-chamois.html

http://www.dickblick.com/products/natural-chamois/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If used on a negative, it is not to be dried:
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    If used on a negative, it is not to be dried:
    Yup, but i tried wiping it with the chamois dry, it works and doesn't leaves scratches. I have the same instruction on my kodak paper envalope as well.

Thanks for all those who reply.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin