Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,677   Online: 763

Thread: V500 scanner

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

V500 scanner

I am trying to scan some 6cm X 6cm black & white negatives on an Epson Perfection V500 scanner. It tells me it can’t do this in auto mode and on other modes it sometimes can’t recognise where the negative starts or ends and freezes during a scan. Does anyone have one on these machines, who could advise me the best way to scan 6 X 6?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is off topic for APUG, so you might try asking over at DPUG.

I don't have that scanner, but it may be a problem in the software. My scanner has b/w negative film as an option in the software, and I use "professional mode." Wish I could be more help.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    This is off topic for APUG, so you might try asking over at DPUG.

I don't have that scanner, but it may be a problem in the software. My scanner has b/w negative film as an option in the software, and I use "professional mode." Wish I could be more help.
    Suzanne, sorry about this, as I do realise this is a bit off topic for APUG. But the reason I posted it here as opposed to DPUG is that the V500 is a film scanner and thought not many people on DPUG would be scanning film, but perhaps more on APUG may.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There are many many threads about scanning on DPUG.org. One of the main reasons for DPUG.org is for the discussion of hybrid techniques involving images originating on film to produce digital prints or traditional prints with digital intermediaries, and they all involve scanning. Of course DPUG is also open to 100% digital processes and traditional printing from original digital files.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin