Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,724   Online: 841

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Can someone identify this old gitzo?

I have this tripod in my house from when my father was gifted it but he has no idea what type it is.
    recently the leg had just snapped as i was trying to use some liberal force and bend it back into place...so if anyone has any ideas for solutions to this or where i can buy a replacement leg that would be great.
    Here are some pictures:

that is where it snapped off

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks just like mine, which is an old Studex. If you take the head off, it will say on the attachment plate on the legs which it is.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks Chris, i looked at the plate and it is a reporter performance Gilux... does anyone have suggestions about what to do for the leg where it snapped off at the joint? can i get replacement legs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jkasarda View Post
    Thanks Chris, i looked at the plate and it is a reporter performance Gilux... does anyone have suggestions about what to do for the leg where it snapped off at the joint? can i get replacement legs?
    Did it come apart or is the tube broken? They're pretty hard to break. Take another leg apart and use it as an example to reassemble the first one.

http://www.gitzo.us

They're pretty good at service. The key though isn't the "Gilux", The model you have is a "reporter".
    Performance in the name describes low height ability. Restricted by the length of the center column.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just got a replacement handle for mine and the folks at Gitzo.us were very helpful. Even though it shipped from Europe it was here in just a few days.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin