Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,592   Online: 1110

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age vs. Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm over 70 and fortunately in good health and still able to lug around either a couple of MF's and lenses or LF field camera and lenses. The posts though made me think that before scrapping all the heavier equipment ... is it possible to rig a monopod with a wheel or a luggage cart with a monopod perhaps as a handle. I think a machine shop could handle a conversion.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    I'm over 70 and fortunately in good health and still able to lug around either a couple of MF's and lenses or LF field camera and lenses. The posts though made me think that before scrapping all the heavier equipment ... is it possible to rig a monopod with a wheel or a luggage cart with a monopod perhaps as a handle. I think a machine shop could handle a conversion.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    This Is Your Large Format Equipment
    { Insert Large Format Camera, And Accessories Here }

This Is Your Large Format Equipment On A Jogging Stroller !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Betty On Wheels 0001.JPG   Black Betty On Wheels 0003.JPG  
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 04-26-2012 at 01:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yup... I'll be buying some sort of wheeled caddie soon. It's the only way I can move stuff from A-B... and "B" can't be too far.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does this thing fold up when not in use?
    I use a folding two wheel dolly too lug my big stuff.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Baby jogger

Here are some threads on the LF forum discussing various carrying equipment with opinions on the benefits and liabilities.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ghlight=jogger

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ghlight=jogger

I am now 72 and have used the baby jogger in my posts for five plus years carrying 4x5, 8x10 and 7x17 cameras already mounted on tripods with a bag of lenses and up to seven 7x17 film holders. For me it makes ULF possible. There are beautiful pictures more than 50 feet from the car and the right tools can help you deal with age, couch or medical related handicaps. An SUV or a van and a couple of Labrador Retriever walking trainers can help.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs003 View Post
    Does this thing fold up when not in use?
    I use a folding two wheel dolly too lug my big stuff.
    Yes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    JP... You give a man with Parkinson's hope. THAN YOU!!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    JP... You give a man with Parkinson's hope. THAN YOU!!
    Maybe Labradors would help. I give hope, but they give company and encouragement. The three I have now are my 8th, 9th and 10th Lab Rescue. I understand there are about 1,000 more available on petfinder.com within a 50 mile radius of here (Cleveland-Akron, OH) or probably any other metro area.

JP
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    JP... I have an old pug. We've been buddies for 13 years. He hurt his back when he was 2 years old and has had trouble walking ever since. Now he mostly just drags his rear legs. But... he's still happy... so I'm just thankful I still have him as my friend.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My suggestion for a good strategy:

Downsize to 35mm rangefinders.

Declare that grain is an essential ingredient of your personal style.

Later, put a clamp with a 1/4" screw on a rollator, also called wheeled walker and use it as a camera bag trolley and tripod.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin