Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,235   Online: 706

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 182223242526272829303132333438 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Ah I forgot that the side info probably says where he is located. I'm on my phone using a forum messaging app and it doesn't show it in view. Thank you for letting me know it's RI. Maybe a little to far to go for a thermometer.
    You guys don't forget to visit me in CT when you're passing through please!!

(I'm also currently in NYC traffic heading to Brooklyn for an overnight shoot (not photography, as an actor) so I'll wave for now

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    (I'm also currently in NYC traffic heading to Brooklyn for an overnight shoot (not photography, as an actor) so I'll wave for now
    If you really are then put that iPhone away and watch the road !! (unless you're not driving yourself).

Last edited by TheToadMen; 10-18-2013 at 04:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    If you really are then put that iPhone away and watch the road !! (unless you're not driving yourself).

Funny video...

Well, I'm in NYC traffic... So my car hasn't hit higher than 5mph in the past 30 minutes... I think I'm safe, and I wouldn't be on here if I thought I could hurt someone.

I also use Siri most of the time to dictate, so I'm rarely looking at the screen unless I'm reading and then I'm reading only one word at a time and then looking and reading and then using the mirror and looking and reading you get the picture...

I'm also a train precision driver which is what I'm doing traveling to New York City for work on a movie set driving in a scene, although this is not a complete excuse, I just want to let you know that I am a much more capable driver than most people and not because I am delusional, but because I have been trained and tested and very practiced at it.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yifanzhang View Post
    Yep, I'm in Providence, RI. I do sometimes travel to NYC though, so we might be able to meet up.
    That would be cool dude! Let me know, we could grab a beer too!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Funny video...

Well, I'm in NYC traffic... So my car hasn't hit higher than 5mph in the past 30 minutes... I think I'm safe, and I wouldn't be on here if I thought I could hurt someone.

I also use Siri most of the time to dictate, so I'm rarely looking at the screen unless I'm reading and then I'm reading only one word at a time and then looking and reading and then using the mirror and looking and reading you get the picture...

I'm also a train precision driver which is what I'm doing traveling to New York City for work on a movie set driving in a scene, although this is not a complete excuse, I just want to let you know that I am a much more capable driver than most people and not because I am delusional, but because I have been trained and tested and very practiced at it.

I bet that's what Dale Earnhardt and Neil Bonnett thought.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I bet that's what Dale Earnhardt and Neil Bonnett thought.
    Dale didn't get enough sleep...

I do not use my phon when I'm tired, I also don't use it when I'm going over 100mph... Lol

A lot different from 0-5mph...

But I get your point. Kids don't text and drive...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, you precision drive trains? Or do you mean you're a trained precision driver? If it is the latter, do they train you to drive and text? Ha ha.

Today I was behind a woman who was texting in stop-and-go traffic. We weren't going over 5 mph, yet she was still a liability. Sure, no one would die, and it's doubtful anyone would even be injured, but the expensive rims on her SUV are lucky there were no curbs as she slowly drifted off the shoulder. I don't need to be in a minor fender-bender, nor do I have the time to waste filling out reports as a witness. She made me late enough by not keeping up with the traffic's turtle's pace.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FREE STUFF, FREE STUFF, FREE STUFF !!!! (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    So, you precision drive trains? Or do you mean you're a trained precision driver? If it is the latter, do they train you to drive and text? Ha ha.

Today I was behind a woman who was texting in stop-and-go traffic. We weren't going over 5 mph, yet she was still a liability. Sure, no one would die, and it's doubtful anyone would even be injured, but the expensive rims on her SUV are lucky there were no curbs as she slowly drifted off the shoulder. I don't need to be in a minor fender-bender, nor do I have the time to waste filling out reports as a witness. She made me late enough by not keeping up with the traffic's turtle's pace.
    Haha that's siri dictation not understanding my words properly haha

Trained as a precision driver.

And actually yes I've done movie scenes where they filmed me texting and driving on purpose

Shooter
    Large Format
    Guys, let's keep this thread clear for people trying to give things away. I don't like clicking on it, having to reduce the screen to scroll through 110 pages, and find just chit-chat. Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Guys, let's keep this thread clear for people trying to give things away. I don't like clicking on it, having to reduce the screen to scroll through 110 pages, and find just chit-chat. Thanks.
    Good point, sorry...

So I have a roll of 616 Vericrhome film for anyone just pay shipping, it's nitrate film, I can give you my personal exposure times and such, it's from the mid 1940's I believe, but I have exposed a few rolls from this lot already.

Any takers?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin