Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,558   Posts: 1,621,754   Online: 974

Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 202425262728293031323334353640 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    O.K. I will try to work out the postage cost. Give me a few days as I have a busy weekend coming up.

Please PM your address to me with a post code if you have one.

EDIT: Looking at the Post Office website, it will probably be about £5.

Steve.
    Did you get my pm, Steve?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What is electronic output film?

I know what the copy film is, but I've never heard of that other stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What is electronic output film?

I know what the copy film is, but I've never heard of that other stuff.
    It's digital!
    No, wait, it creates a lot of static electricity...
    Umm... a marketing tool to relabel film so people will buy it in the "digital age?"

Seriously, though, I believe it is for "film printers." Basically, a digital process to convert an electronically stored image to film (like from a computer; digital image, powerpoint slide, a scan, video frame, etc.). Basically, I think it's for an electronic form of film copying... though this does not rule out my third joke.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    It's digital!
    No, wait, it creates a lot of static electricity...
    Umm... a marketing tool to relabel film so people will buy it in the "digital age?"

Seriously, though, I believe it is for "film printers." Basically, a digital process to convert an electronically stored image to film (like from a computer; digital image, powerpoint slide, a scan, video frame, etc.). Basically, I think it's for an electronic form of film copying... though this does not rule out my third joke.
    Haha! So basically it's duplicating film with the "digital" label or marketing purposes, MAYBE it's designed for a digital projector rather than duplicating from another slide and that somehow changes something in the image to give it a little more sharpness and "reality" compared to what would happen if I Digital he projected image were sent on a normal piece of film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, first of all, I could be wrong. I'm surprised no one with more knowledge has chimed in yet.

Basically, though, think of it as a way to make a slide out of a non-film image (or after manipulating something electronically). Kind of the reverse of scanning.
    Lets say you made a graph with computer software and wanted to put it on film for some reason. You could use a "film printer" to make a slide out of it - by "printing" it to film. Whether the film in question is actually optimized for this, or merely marketed as such, I do not know. Even if "optimized," I would imagine it would work in the traditional manner after some testing to dial it in.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Well, first of all, I could be wrong. I'm surprised no one with more knowledge has chimed in yet.

Basically, though, think of it as a way to make a slide out of a non-film image (or after manipulating something electronically). Kind of the reverse of scanning.
    Lets say you made a graph with computer software and wanted to put it on film for some reason. You could use a "film printer" to make a slide out of it - by "printing" it to film. Whether the film in question is actually optimized for this, or merely marketed as such, I do not know. Even if "optimized," I would imagine it would work in the traditional manner after some testing to dial it in.

This sounds correct to me, according to this:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...3lf/e103lf.pdf
    Looks like it was used for titles and presentations.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Free (Expired) Kodak Film"

GIVEN AWAY!

I have a film printer; used it a few times when I created PowerPoint presentations and didn't have a digital projector. Can output digital images to film. In this case, I used slide film so I could project my presentation with a slide projector. Its also an easy way to create title slates for slide presentations if (as members of this forum would) you use a (gasp!) slide projector for your slide shows. Haven't used it in a while; someday I'll get it out and post it for sale or for free here. Though I never used Electronic Output Film since I had a freezer full of Velvia at the time I was using the film printer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica M(P, 2, 3?) never ready case. Nose is scuffed, internal fabric is torn where it flexes and the bottom hinge is beginning to tear.
    1/4" tripod screw. The back flap has been restitched and I'd replace the strap.

$6.00 will cover shipping to US.
    Some might say I have a bad attitude! Too bad.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Leica M(P, 2, 3?) never ready case. Nose is scuffed, internal fabric is torn where it flexes and the bottom hinge is beginning to tear.
    1/4" tripod screw. The back flap has been restitched and I'd replace the strap.

$6.00 will cover shipping to US.
    Take it!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    3 things up for grabs, PM me if interested.

Hoya Bay-50 to 55mm filter adapter, looks like it has not been used.
    Vivitar M42 adapter for TX lenses. Has A/M switch.
    No name M42/T-mount adapter. Could be a good base for adapting another brand to M42?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin