Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,841   Online: 1019

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 212526272829303132333435363741 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    This is painful but this item is off to the dump.
    Put it up on freecycle... It will go fast I'm sure.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am clueless about freecycle, and I am out of the country for the month of dec into jan.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    I am clueless about freecycle, and I am out of the country for the month of dec into jan.
    It's craigslist for free, there's also a free section on craigslist now I think. Or goodwill/salvation army
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Free (Expired) Kodak Film

I have a roll of 35mm 100ISO Ektachrome Electronic Output Film (no can or box) and a roll of 35mm Kodak Rapid Process Copy Film in box exp. 5/2002. Both were found in a cabinet; no idea how old the Ektachrome is. Neither have been stored properly so I'm just giving these away (for cost of postage) in case anyone wants to add them to their collection. I don't care to collect photo supplies that I don't have a use for, but I don't want to throw these away in case anyone wants 'em!

I'm located in East Jordan, MI and will only charge cost of actual postage. U.S.A. only please. Reply with PM if interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Film.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	471.8 KB 
ID:	77039

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    O.K. I will try to work out the postage cost. Give me a few days as I have a busy weekend coming up.

Please PM your address to me with a post code if you have one.

EDIT: Looking at the Post Office website, it will probably be about £5.

Steve.
    Did you get my pm, Steve?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What is electronic output film?

I know what the copy film is, but I've never heard of that other stuff.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When you take pictures on it , it send 300 volt electric back to the camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What is electronic output film?

I know what the copy film is, but I've never heard of that other stuff.
    It's digital!
    No, wait, it creates a lot of static electricity...
    Umm... a marketing tool to relabel film so people will buy it in the "digital age?"

Seriously, though, I believe it is for "film printers." Basically, a digital process to convert an electronically stored image to film (like from a computer; digital image, powerpoint slide, a scan, video frame, etc.). Basically, I think it's for an electronic form of film copying... though this does not rule out my third joke.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    It's digital!
    No, wait, it creates a lot of static electricity...
    Umm... a marketing tool to relabel film so people will buy it in the "digital age?"

Seriously, though, I believe it is for "film printers." Basically, a digital process to convert an electronically stored image to film (like from a computer; digital image, powerpoint slide, a scan, video frame, etc.). Basically, I think it's for an electronic form of film copying... though this does not rule out my third joke.
    Haha! So basically it's duplicating film with the "digital" label or marketing purposes, MAYBE it's designed for a digital projector rather than duplicating from another slide and that somehow changes something in the image to give it a little more sharpness and "reality" compared to what would happen if I Digital he projected image were sent on a normal piece of film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, first of all, I could be wrong. I'm surprised no one with more knowledge has chimed in yet.

Basically, though, think of it as a way to make a slide out of a non-film image (or after manipulating something electronically). Kind of the reverse of scanning.
    Lets say you made a graph with computer software and wanted to put it on film for some reason. You could use a "film printer" to make a slide out of it - by "printing" it to film. Whether the film in question is actually optimized for this, or merely marketed as such, I do not know. Even if "optimized," I would imagine it would work in the traditional manner after some testing to dial it in.
    Truzi

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin