Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,315   Online: 1053

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242829303132333435363738394044 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok this is a weird one...

So I bought a few packs of Polaroid film from Impossible Project, it was old stock "Paul Giambarba Edition" type 100 Sepia film with an ISO of 1500.

I had two packs, the first one I shot, and I was using a strobe at the time, I shot all 10 sheets in succession very fast, as a fun set for a modeling shoot, only to discover that the ISO wasn't 150 but actually 1500... DOH!

Anyway, the second pack I loaded, and then went to pull the tabs after the first shot and the tab broke, I then try to fiddle with it in the dark and get to the next piece, loaded up again, shot a shot and then went to pull the tab, and again the tab broke, apparently this was poorly designed and when I ripped it all apart after frustration, I saw that the staple that holds all of the pieces in place, must have been just too tight or something, and wasn't releasing the film and it put too much pressure on these pulltabs.

ANYWAY as far as I know, Polaroid paper is just like normal print paper and once is exposed to light then that's it, if that's of course different please let me know, but in any event, the chemistry is very unique and not really attainable anymore and I know some people just like to fiddle, so I saved the packets of developer that were not popped, and I'm offering them to anyone who's interested in playing around. The garbagemen doesn't come for another week, so the paper is in the garbage but can be pulled out if for some reason this is special paper and doesn't react to light, but instead reacts to the negative and the chemistry somehow, let me know and I'll send both.

Otherwise if anybody is interested in just a few packets I have, I will mail them off to you in an envelope (CONUS).

If not they will also go to the trashmen...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385843754.977133.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	77730

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385843761.894200.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	77731

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385843767.993189.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	77732
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh Boy, squishable chem packets in an envelope. The Post office people are gonna love that.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Oh Boy, squishable chem packets in an envelope. The Post office people are gonna love that.
    Lol! I was planning to secure them appropriately, lol,

It's only because they are a sepia color packet, totally specialized, that I thought these would be of any interest to anyone and worth the bother, just trying to share, I know it's not much but it's all I got lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tamron 28-80 SP (parts/repair)

Tamron 28-80 SP f/3.5-4.2 Macro two-ring zoom. Cosmetics good, glass very good, focus smooth. But zoom is rough/sticky. Usable, but barely, so consider this for parts or repair. No caps, no mount.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya RZ67 6x7 220 back for parts/repair.

The winding mechanism sometimes fails to get engaged, meaning you sometimes have to remove the back from the body and manually wind to the next frame. I think it's probably not worth the $ to try to fix this and it appears the previous owner stripped the screws trying to get in. The remaining parts appear to be in good condition so this could be good for parts to fix other backs.

Just pay shipping or give me your UPS account # and it's yours.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    pm sent for mamiya back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya back... taken!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just hacked up a destroyed kodak 2A Folding Autographic Brownie.

I needed the shutter and element from it.

If anyone needs parts, the metal body is intact (I didn't bend anything).

Some choice parts, the leather handle is intact, the pin that connects the shutter to the body is included, the tripod mounts (2) V/H are intact, the door hinges are intact, but the door locking mechanism is broken (before I got to it).

Autographic hinge door works.

Functioning advance knob (the fold up kind not round so it's easy to grip) though the bearings are a bit squeaky, but not at all seized.

$7 shipping CONUS (USA) priority mail.

(And perhaps $5 donation to APUG suggested but not required).

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868270.424100.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	79513

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868277.725008.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	79514

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868285.208766.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	79515

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868291.307757.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	79516

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868297.810071.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	79517

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868306.375643.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	79518

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Stone,
    You know you're holding a perfect pinhole camera body for the new MSA, right?
    Bert from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I just hacked up a destroyed kodak 2A Folding Autographic Brownie.
    I needed the shutter and element from it.
    If anyone needs parts, the metal body is intact (I didn't bend anything).
    Some choice parts, the leather handle is intact, the pin that connects the shutter to the body is included, the tripod mounts (2) V/H are intact, the door hinges are intact, but the door locking mechanism is broken (before I got to it).
    Autographic hinge door works.
    Functioning advance knob (the fold up kind not round so it's easy to grip) though the bearings are a bit squeaky, but not at all seized.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388868306.375643.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	79518
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Hey Stone,
    You know you're holding a perfect pinhole camera body for the new MSA, right?
    Bert from Holland
    Well, no, lol, the lens I hacked off is for the MSA. The bellows don't hold any light... Especially with the gaping hole, I suppose I could duct tape it haha, but then I need to find 116 film, and accurately expose it (which is old). So... Not so sure about that one. If it were summer and I had lots of things to shoot with texture maybe, but it's nothing but white outside...

I'll think about it but probably too much effort for me, I spent a good 2-3 hours with the lens job

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin