Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,837   Online: 1099
      
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 501
  1. #341
    TheToadMen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Netherlands, Europe
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Posts
    1,323
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    27
    Keep it very simple for the MSA:
    Some cardboard as a lensboard with aluminum foil with a pinhole as a "lens" in the middle.
    You can also cut a square out of a cola can, make a pinhole and use some tape as a shutter.
    And off course duct tape to put it all together. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to put it together.
    Instead of 116 film you can use photo paper cut to size as paper sheet film.
    The paper negatives can be scanned or just contact printed as well.

    I'll promise you: it will be fun and you'll get some astounding images you never expected.
    Just give it a try.

    Bert from Holland

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well, no, lol, the lens I hacked off is for the MSA. The bellows don't hold any light... Especially with the gaping hole, I suppose I could duct tape it haha, but then I need to find 116 film, and accurately expose it (which is old). So... Not so sure about that one. If it were summer and I had lots of things to shoot with texture maybe, but it's nothing but white outside...

    I'll think about it but probably too much effort for me, I spent a good 2-3 hours with the lens job
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup


    * I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

  2. #342
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,335
    Images
    225

    FREE STUFF, FREE STUFF, FREE STUFF !!!! (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Keep it very simple for the MSA:
    Some cardboard as a lensboard with aluminum foil with a pinhole as a "lens" in the middle.
    You can also cut a square out of a cola can, make a pinhole and use some tape as a shutter.
    And off course duct tape to put it all together. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to put it together.
    Instead of 116 film you can use photo paper cut to size as paper sheet film.
    The paper negatives can be scanned or just contact printed as well.

    I'll promise you: it will be fun and you'll get some astounding images you never expected.
    Just give it a try.

    Bert from Holland
    None of that is simple without a darkroom, I'm not going to buy new materials or film I don't own just for the MSA just like others won't go buying Holgas just for the MSA, but I will reuse unloved stuff, we'll see, I have some old 116 film that was cheap that needs shooting. Just that I don't think it's wise to combine an already unfamiliar process (pinhole) with film that is ancient and is probably at this point an ASA of about .75 or 3... That's like a 6 hour daylight exposure haha. (And again, snow, so nothing but white outside).

    Sorry OP for the chatter, developing a sheet for you today.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  3. #343
    Fixcinater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Posts
    882
    Images
    17
    Just pay shipping for pictured items:

    2x3 Kodak Super XX film (25 sheets) expired in 60s, box is sealed
    126 format film, still in wrapper, forgot when it expired but it's a long time ago
    Kodak 35mm film canisters with "NEG OK" written on all of them
    Telesar 35mm bulk loader
    Kodak Wratten filters


    Please take at least a couple (if not all) to save me time at the post office.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 126film2.jpg   2x3_superxx1.jpg   35mmcanister1.jpg   telesarbulkloader.jpg   wrattenfilters1.jpg  

    Last edited by Fixcinater; 01-06-2014 at 12:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  4. #344
    Kylefornia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    44601
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Posts
    206
    PM sent for 2x3, bulk loader, and gel filters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #345
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,335
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    Just pay shipping for pictured items:

    2x3 Kodak Super XX film (25 sheets) expired in 60s, box is sealed
    126 format film, still in wrapper, forgot when it expired but it's a long time ago
    Kodak 35mm film canisters with "NEG OK" written on all of them
    Telesar 35mm bulk loader
    Kodak Wratten filters


    Please take at least a couple (if not all) to save me time at the post office.
    Just FYI the triple print is C-22 or similar film, not C-41
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  6. #346
    Kylefornia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    44601
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Posts
    206
    What's triple print? (Please excuse the ignorance)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #347
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,335
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylefornia View Post
    What's triple print? (Please excuse the ignorance)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 126 film... The brand is "Triple Print" I have a few in 126 and 127 myself and took me a while to track down what it was. On the label it says "can only be processed at X lab" so wanted to know why it couldn't be processed anywhere, well it's because it is a C-22 variant and isn't C-41 compatible for processing.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  8. #348

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Montgomery, Il/USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,097
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The 126 film... The brand is "Triple Print" I have a few in 126 and 127 myself and took me a while to track down what it was. On the label it says "can only be processed at X lab" so wanted to know why it couldn't be processed anywhere, well it's because it is a C-22 variant and isn't C-41 compatible for processing.
    Yeah, C22 was the earlier process but why do you think it's "triple print" brand not Kodak/Agfa/Fuji etc.?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

  9. #349
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    12,391
    Images
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Yeah, C22 was the earlier process but why do you think it's "triple print" brand not Kodak/Agfa/Fuji etc.?
    The picture shows a box labelled "Triple Print"
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  10. #350
    Truzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,042
    I had read somewhere (and may be wrong) that Triple-Print was using cine-film. I acquired a few 126 cartridges of it to load up fresh film for an Instamatic, but made no effort to expose it.
    Truzi



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin